Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

C clip eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C clip eliminator?

Just looking to beef up the old 10 bolt in my car. It doesn't get run hard but just for a little added insurance I was told a set of C clip eliminators help out quite a bit. Anyways would these work on an F-body? http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Do not run the eliminators if you are going to drive this car on the street. Also, I do not believe they will work on the F Body any way.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Just went thru all this. Found out the hard way...C clip eliminators will NOT work with F bodies! Don't waste your time. I just ordered the correct eliminators...according to Summit. I found out that they wouldn't work after the axle tubes had already been cut and the eliminators were already pressed on to axles. I called Summit back and they insisted that these were the right eliminators for the 98 Trans Am. I called Moser and was told that they would not work with disc brakes. Noone stepped up to accept responsibility and I got stuck with a trashed housing.