Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

So...need some opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So...need some opinions..

I have a 99 A4 TA. Have a new complete 9" center ready to go. Need axles and housing. Found a person with a 9" housing out of an 86 Firebird for a good price. I know I would need to run spacers to make up difference in width.

Here's the ?: This person is a fabricator by trade and "built" or "converted" a housing to fit his F-Body. He did buy a Moser torque arm mount and installed it. He transferred the perches etc. and claims it fit perfectly with non-adj. or stock lca's, torque arm and panhard. Housing for ~$400.
With the issues I read about the fitment of Moser housings, I have to admit I am really thinking about this one. Even with the width difference.

Last ?: Will 99 backing plates bolt up or are there any other changes I will need to do, provided it fits as advertised?

Opinions Wanted.....Thanks!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:38 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moser doesn't sell the torque arm mount separate, so I don't see it being a Moser torque arm mount. The Moser 9 inch housing and axle package bolts right in, we don't have problems with them. At $1,000.00 shipped, it is a great way to go. Lower control arm relocation brackets already installed are an option now! Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116