Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

thinking of ford 8.8, Noob and need help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking of ford 8.8, Noob and need help.

I keep going through 10bolts, I went through 3 of them so far, shipping a deff from the states is really not an option at the moment as it will cost me less to buy a kidney and I cant seem to find a decent 10 bolt around here, forgot to mention that I live in the middle east.

the 8.8's are all over the place, and I can get them cheap, from what I've read I know I will need to do some fab work for the TQ Arm to fit, and even more work for the axels and ABS, what I cant seem to find is how to do it and some correct measurements, I wont be doing the job by my self as I will have the help of some good mechanic but I need to know what they are doing is right.

I haven’t been in my car for 6 months, and would really appreciate some help.

Ed
Old 03-10-2008, 04:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard of many people attempting to make a 8.8 work, then it seems they give up. I have shipped Moser rears to the Middle East, it isn't that expensive.
PM me your address and I'll get you a shipping quote. Bob
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your question you take a big (4 feet by 8 feet or bigger) piece of 1/2" thick (or thicker) steel and bolt your original rear to it, and make tabs for all the mounting points. Theres a lot more to it.
I know I could do it and make it work, but I'd still pay the extra for a 9 inch if I had the power to need it.
If your fabbed up 8.8 breaks it's going to break the torque arm mount that you built on it IMO. Thats going to do more damage and cost you more money than shipping a good rear over.
And I'd get the 9" to avoid pinion deflection caused by the torque arm.