Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bad vibration

Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad vibration

I've had my car sense it had 22,000 miles and now it has 76,422 on it ,and i've had this bad vib around 85mph not a lot of shaking or stuff rattilling going just a consent vib, kinda sounds like a rumble sorta,and i changed the gears awhile back like 2yrs ago, and i bought them off ebay, and when i had them put in the guy said it was going to make some noise when i let off the fuel cause of a line in the big ring,but he said they would be alright and know the whinning noise is kinda loud now,getting ready to change them real soon, but 1 1/2 ago i changed my tranny and the flywheel had 3 cracks in it around the torque converter, and i replaced it with a new one out of a 5.3 motor which was a little heavier duty than the stock ls1 was ,,and today i changed my u-joints and inspected the drive shaft no dents no dings and seemed al straigth and didnt look twisted or there wasn't any grooves on the yoke going to the tranny shaft, and after the u-joints were put in i still have the vibe, just wondering if anybody had this problemand or might know what my problem is so i can fix it and not spend a fortune on stuff that doesn't need replaced,and also forgot the rumbling vib sounds like to me that it is coming from in between the pedals and back seat. if that helps,especailly around the tranny location. Everybodys help is helpful, thanks
________
Old 03-21-2008, 04:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it sounds like its coming from the middle of the car it could be the rear end transfering vibrations through the torque arm to the tranny. have you had your tires/wheels/driveshaft balanced?

could be a number of things.
does it just do it on a certain road? ive already talked ot someone about this and turned out it only did it on a certain section of road...
Old 03-21-2008, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be pinion angle.....

Search this Thread