Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking for help on bulletproofing my rear.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Looking for help on bulletproofing my rear.!!!

So here is my situation. i have too large of an thurst for power and cool shiny stuff on my car. but i just bought my 02 Ws6 11 months ago. i got her paid off and now im looking to just beasting her out on order is

APS TT system
twin fuel pump
3600 vig triple lock up
level V 4l60e

Sadie (my car) is in the shop right now getting all these as they come in to vengeance racing

i am looking into a carbon fiber drive shaft, and a complete bulletproof rear end with no bigger than 343 gears since strip is not my thing just want a nice little grocery getter. that turns heads when not getting groceries. and i dont know how much power i want to run but i figure i am starting backwards.. instead of building the motor then getting the TT. i got the TT and im going backwards and building everything around that.. the motor isnt my big issue as long as i put down over 450rwhp ill be good with that while i just beef my backend and everything between the motor to the road.. the thing is i dont know what i should get and what the splines mean and blah blah blah.. id rather have too much rear end or tranny than not enuf

anyone shed some light on this for me.. im thinking strange S60. but dont know anything about axles to make up my mind
Old 04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
The Moser 9 inch is a very popular rear for our cars and it can take a lot of abuse! I sell a lot of these Moser rears, I think I sold seven so far this week. These rears are shipped out just two days after the order is received! Bob
Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

glad to see someone thinking ahead instead of building up the motor then breaking the driveline.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
wrencher

I'd say a 9" is the way to go, lots of gear choices.
Be real good/highly recommended for for a manual trans car as well if your is.
A 12 is good choice as well but not as strong as a 60 or the 9.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a 9in. and dont look back.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

these guys are 9 inch biased. i never had one problem with my moser 12 bolt.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Teching In

No one has anything to say about the S60... im looking for good pricing for exceptional quality as i have convinced myself that when the axle gets done a totally complete suspension is going to get thrown under her... and she is an automatic seemed practical for a daily driver
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

I dont think you have had problems with the 12 bolt since you are only running in the 12s, generate some torque on the botom end to put some good stress on the driveline as well as some MT ETs and then we'll all stand back 50ft and hear your gears whine
Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by getusumws6
glad to see someone thinking ahead instead of building up the motor then breaking the driveline.

well no damn need in having lots of power if i cant go anywhere with it lol.. besides the turbo im not going to do a whole lot to the motor til i finish the rear and suspension and spend a few dollars on a paint job and junk. the turbo is going to be ran modestly if i wanna try to break a car ill just drive the guts out of my wifes 350Z cuz that way if it breaks ill still at least have my car to get to work lol