Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearings

Ok, this could prolly go in the maintenance section, but i thought i'd ask here cuz it gets more traffic. I am getting rear end noise...like a woooooooossshhh sound....and from searching threads and researching, ive come to the conclusion it is the bearings that need to be replaced/fixed, whatever. anyways, my issue is what is needed to rebuild just this aspect so i get no more woooshhh. i was thinking about just upgrading to 4:10s at the same time, but decided against it since i will be getting a new rear end eventually and im not going to waste that much more money on something that will most likely cause me to prematurely need a new rear. so yea, cliffnotes, what all do i need to fix this bearing noise? thanks in advance and sorry for the essay.

~Kyle
Old 06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just had this problem and just found a good used 10 bolt for $250 and just swapped the rears. i did this because the bad bearing also chewed up my axle. i guess if your axle is ok you can get a bearing puller and pull the axles bearing out and just replace that and the seal.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

is there a bearing kit or something with all the axle bearings/seals that you speak of?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can also buy axle saver bearings