Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Please add to the FAQ! 10 bolt c-clit elim kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please add to the FAQ! 10 bolt c-**** elim kit

#1 Search before you do any kind of aftermarket upgrade to your late-model F-body 10 bolt> This applies to me<

#2 Strange C-clip eliminators made for the 7.5-7.625 10 bolts will NOT work on your F-body rear end. I found this after trashing my 10 bolt last night, then sitting down and doing searches. There's another fellow that did the same thing a while back. I ordered from Summit the specified kit, followed the instructions to the letter, and found out that it will not work. It won't allow the axle to engage the carrier. You could get longer axles but that is counter productive on wheel selection as they don't offer a BS that will work if the axle is another 1.5-2" out. I've contacted Summit and they will pay the shipping to return the kit, but I'm left with a ruined housing. The tech rep also said that he would update the catalog to show that this kit excludes the F-body 10 bolt as they've had this issue before. I was doing the mod due to ET and MPH req's in NHRA.

#3 Again, Search before you do any kind of aftermarket upgrade to your late-model F-body 10 bolt> This applies to me<

It's my fault, I should of done the research up front. Just trying to get the word out!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't imagine not too many people would even look into that since it's basically useless & a waste of money/time to even mess with the 10-bolt. But it's good info reguarding the eliminators none the less.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comment on my futile efforts...

And, it isn't a bad idea to eliminate the c-clips in ANY rear end... as I'm sure you already know. No one wants to see their tire/axle go by at 100 MPH.