Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

broke my rear now the abs and brake light is on.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broke my rear now the abs and brake light is on.

i broke my spider and axel gears a while back the rearend ended up with alot of metal shavings in it.the first time i crunk it up the abs light and the brake light were on.i took the sensor out of the top of the rearend and cleaned the metal shavings off and unhooked the battery cables for a few minutes put it back together and both lights are still on.the sensor did have an extremely small nick in it but i'm not sure if that would hurt it or not.i was told that if metal ever gets on the little sensor that it is ruined but i don't know.the car is a 98 z28 thanks for any help.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

just put the new sensor in the rearend and unhooked the battery for a few minutes so it would reset the computer that didn't fix it.both lights are still on.someone please chime in on this,a guy is coming to buy the car first of next week and i told him i would have it fixed for him. help!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to have someone pull the code for you out of the EBCM. Otherwise you are just guessing. It could be anything. EBCM, bad ground, bad speed sensor, etc etc etc.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

having that done in the morning.thanks

Search this Thread