Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

anyone with a locker does this happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone with a locker does this happen to you?

ok i posted this in the supension section but no one is responding with anything good so...

ok well heres a list of mods that correspond to this.

Spohn front/rear solid swaybars
LG lowering springs
Koni adjustables set on half
spohn CM tq arm
rod end control arms and panhard rod
315 DRs out back 275 in front
moser 9" with a locker.

now the first issue i noticed may be cause of the locker but when i cut corners my front end will cut then the rear will "float" and finally cut as if my rear tires want to keep going straight. like i said prob the locker

but now here the main concern. a locker and my thicker rear sway bar and all this stuff done should make my car go down a smooth road STRAIGHT! but when im on it and the higher speed i hit the *** end feels like its floating around making me have to slightly correct my steering. its really all over the place and im not spinning my tires. it feels as if i have no sway bars at all. everything is on right and tight. i know for a fact the tires arent spinning especially at 100+ where it really starts feeling floaty. and you can pretty much rule out air getting caught under as the car is really low and i even have the RK sport front valance (if that does much).
Old 07-28-2008, 11:16 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your rear tire air pressure? Drag radials are not known to be a handling tire, depending on which brand this could be part of it.
I use to road race a locker reared 9inch in my camaro. It was pretty stable up to speeds approaching 190mph .
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

running the street pressure of 35psi and these tires handled fine before i got the new rear end and new swaybars..