Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

some advice on a new rear end.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some advice on a new rear end.

Hey guys, I am looking to get a new rear end for my car(I want to go faster lol and the 10 bolt will not come along for the ride) Now I don't plan on going full on race car, but I am thinking heads/cam, and full bolt ons and some spray (100-150) So essentially shooting for 500-600 hp car. So my question is what rear end should I go with realistically speaking? I was aiming for moser 9", but should I just shoot for that? What would be a decent set up for a car that isn't driven daily, partially on weekends and sees track time? I do drive my car though, so don't want something entirely unstreetable. Oh yeah info you are needing. its a 2002 firehawk m6.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar car with similar mods and went with the Moser 9 inch. I had to have my gears re-set twice before they were quiet so I was happy I went with a 9 inch. If I were to do it again, I'd get one of the new housings which provides for increased clearance underneath. The Moser unit requires some BFH massaging to get it to work properly. I'm happy with mine though--two plus years and not a peep out of it. I went with 4.11 gears and a TruTrak differential. I did try a locker at first and hated every minute of it for a DD. It was really good going straight though. I would consider one for a weekend warrior if I went any higher in HP.