Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Buying a Moser 9"?, read this to install

Old 08-10-2008, 03:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Moser 9"?, read this to install

If you've bought yourself a Moser 9" and are fixing to put in your car with jackstands and you've got an aftermarket swingarm.....

Save yourself some heartache and take the torque arm off and test fit it to the Moser 9" bracket before you get under the car. I've got the S&W TA. We slapped the rear under the car no problem, but when we tried to install the bolts that hold the TA to the bracket... oh my goodness. We worked for an hour on our back trying to get 1/16" to get the bolt up thru it, on our backs. Finally we had enough. We slid the rear out and took out the torque arm and tried to bolt it up on the floor. I had to grand just a tad off the bracket in the back then it was like Heaven... slid her in and bolted her up. If I'd of test fit the TA ahead of time I would saved alot of aggravation. Other than that, everything is fantastic.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nabdrill
If you've bought yourself a Moser 9" and are fixing to put in your car with jackstands and you've got an aftermarket swingarm.....

Save yourself some heartache and take the torque arm off and test fit it to the Moser 9" bracket before you get under the car. I've got the S&W TA. We slapped the rear under the car no problem, but when we tried to install the bolts that hold the TA to the bracket... oh my goodness. We worked for an hour on our back trying to get 1/16" to get the bolt up thru it, on our backs. Finally we had enough. We slid the rear out and took out the torque arm and tried to bolt it up on the floor. I had to grand just a tad off the bracket in the back then it was like Heaven... slid her in and bolted her up. If I'd of test fit the TA ahead of time I would saved alot of aggravation. Other than that, everything is fantastic.
Congrats on the install. My TA gave me a little resistance but it went together OK with a some encouragement from a long drift.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've still got to go back and grind off the bolt boss for the rear seat belt on the drivers side, the torque are rubs it in the tunnel. I've also got to get for 3" exhaust clamps and make some brackets for my stock swaybar as the original brackets won't fit the 3" tubes on the 9".

Search this Thread