Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

TA cover fit M12 OR Strange 12??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TA cover fit M12 OR Strange 12??

looks like i may have to go with Strange for my rear end needs after all.

anyways....

Will my fancy 12 bolt TA cover that i bought for my Moser 12 bolt fit a Strange 12 bolt? (regular, not that big ol S60 thing)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
looks like i may have to go with Strange for my rear end needs after all.

anyways....

Will my fancy 12 bolt TA cover that i bought for my Moser 12 bolt fit a Strange 12 bolt? (regular, not that big ol S60 thing)
Yes it will fit but why do you have to go with Strange? What do you mean?

Jeff
Old 08-19-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

i was sold a used M12 that was sworn to have no issues. I dont yet doubt the guy, but something is obviously worng. I was at first against buying a Moser new or used cause of issues i have read about,,but the price was right, the dude seemed very cool (sponsor) and it was close by...
while doing my carrier bearings (you helped me with a pic and wisdom) i noticed that the carrier axel hole, and the axel tube dont line up, its off centered and HAS to be casuing my grinding when i turn issue. I then also noticed a small line of nicks on that sides axel....i replaced the bearings, happy cause this was the first thing ive seen wrong, and ive been working on this since July,,,,but when i put the carrier back in,,,its sits the same way,,off centered from the axel tube. thats with the bearing caps on, and torqed to 55 ft-lbs....basicly, i now may have a M12paperweight that cost me alot of money. It will probably be 2010 by the time i get the money to fix and drive my car again.

Last edited by Bad Blue WS6; 08-20-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

wow sorry to hear that. that sucks when the funds run dry when your car is down. bye m12 I assume you mean moser 12? I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

yes Moser 12. Its like anything else i guess,,,,theres good and bad with everything,,i reasearched my *** off for 2 months on both Strange and Moser 12's,,,I dont think Bob at EPP will even look at my threads causeI brought up some of Moser's negative points while asking some questions,,,but what can you do.

Sorry Bob

Wayne