Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Multiple Issues with rear suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Issues with rear suspension.

Project : Transmission rebuild. New LCA's, New Torque Arm.

Situation: stock driveshaft, torque arm, old lca's removed.

Probem: The car *in neutral * but with the hand brake down, wont roll forward or backward. The rear is sitting some 4-6" higher than it should be *the wheel well looks like I have a lift kit on it.*

I had adjustable lca's in there previously, and removed the poly/rod ones for new poly/poly ones that are non adjusting. I also have an adjustable panhard rod, which I didnt adjust at all.

The new lca's seemed to be about an inch short. Which required me to jack up the back-end @ the spring base, to align the bolts and get them in. <-- maybe thats the source of the new rear height.

Now, when I put the tired back on, and lowered it down off the jackstands. It would not roll. The driveshaft was still out, and handbrake down.

I am wondering if the wheels might be toed in or out, enough, to where it wouldnt roll if trying to push it by hand etc. There is a noticeable difference from viewing the tread on the 315's from behind.. it looks as if the right side is out about 1" - 1.5".

First time im tackling these projects myself, and just wondering if this is normal or if Im just incredibly lucky @ finding problems

Tomorrow Ill be pulling / removing the tranny. Hehe, good old 5th gear issues. Im sure thatll be another whole new thread. Also replacing stock clutch with the ls7 one, and master / slave cylinders.

Been referencing the install university stuff and the tranny/clutch thread here.