Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need some help on my wheel stud issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help on my wheel stud issue

I just bought a brand new Moser 12 bolt from epp. First off the axles came with the wrong studs in them so I got the right ones dropped shipped to me. Knocked the old ones out and put the new ones in with some washers and open lug nuts. This friday was my first time to the track and went to put my pro stars on and one of my shank lug nuts was really really tight after a couple of turns. Tried to loosen it and it snapped the stud. Getting some new studs shortly. My car is a 4channel abs so the axles are gonna have to come out and im assuming the bearings and the brake backing plates are gonna have to be pulled off. All over some f'n junk *** wheel studs. Is there an easier way to do it or am i gonna have to take all the stuff i just put together back apart. Probably gonna go with arp studs.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you remove the wheel sensor and line up the stud with the wheel sensor hole you can knock the stud through the hole without removing the axles. I would also definately go with ARPs I twisted my moser studs the first time I went to the track. Now I have 1/2"-20x3.5 ARPs and I doubt I'll ever twist/snap them.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get some arp 100-7713 wheel studs.bet you cant break these.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+3 on using the ARP's