Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

Camaro 6l80e Conversion to Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro 6l80e Conversion to Truck

Alright guys i need your help. Im stuck on this issue with my trans. I have a ls3 with a 6l80e out of a 2011 Camaro SS.. the camaro trans came with a 3 flange on the end so i cant rum a 1 piece drive shaft. Has anyone converted the camaro 6l80e to the Truck 6l80e with slip yoke? This has me stuck without a solution. Does anyone have the part numbers for the output shaft and slip yoke to make this work? Im at a dead end..
Old 01-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Teching In

I am doing a G8 with the 6L80 trans. It has the same 3-bolt flange.
After much research; the transmission would have to be fully disassembled to replace that tailshaft with a slip yoke.
There was a post a while ago from a guy that utilized the 3-bolt flange and used a driveshaft similar to a front driveshaft on a 4x4 truck. the slip shaft is in the driveshaft.

There is also a driveshaft supplier that makes a $1200 shaft if you want to go that route.
I am just kinda hanging out to find a better affordable solution.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1929chev
I am doing a G8 with the 6L80 trans. It has the same 3-bolt flange.
After much research; the transmission would have to be fully disassembled to replace that tailshaft with a slip yoke.
There was a post a while ago from a guy that utilized the 3-bolt flange and used a driveshaft similar to a front driveshaft on a 4x4 truck. the slip shaft is in the driveshaft.

There is also a driveshaft supplier that makes a $1200 shaft if you want to go that route.
I am just kinda hanging out to find a better affordable solution.
So u need the output shaft and a slip yoke right from the truck 6l80e.. i cant find the output shaft at all. What do u think about the 3 bolt flange yoke adapter then get a one piece drive shaft?
Old 02-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Hi LSX:
I saw that flange. You are still going to need a custom driveshaft that has a built in slip yoke.
This actually made the most sense to me.

Now I am considering getting rid of the whole package. I would have to modify my floor much more that I anticipated.

Quick Reply: Camaro 6l80e Conversion to Truck