Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SNEAK PEAK at our 6LE 2010 Camaro Spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default SNEAK PEAK at our 6LE 2010 Camaro Spoiler...

So, I had an idea to combine the First Gen style spoiler with the new styling of the Fifth Gen, here's a sneak peak...

LS1Dave got the rough shape started and then the EXTREMELY TALENTED McNord did all the heavy lifting.

We're about to test fit and then start production. I won't know pricing until we have it back here and are making the mold but follow the development and check out a lot more pics of it here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/forum/...hp?topic=912.0
Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so here's where we are at... We tooled the mold for the plug just so we could have a fresh fiberglass piece to make tweaks to. Popped the first one out of the mold and here's what she looks like on the car...

There are a couple of small issues (moving a bolt hole 1/8", etc...) BUT I'm at a stand still on this right now.

Basically, I don't make my stuff in China, I get it made here in the USA. That being said, injection molding isn't an option for us price wise (we don't have $20,000 to drop into a spoiler). SO, our guy literally has about 5 molds that he made (for different parts of this one piece) that go into producing this one spoiler.

That being said, to make a 10% profit I'm looking to sell these at $450 ($500 on ebay).

BECAUSE OF THAT, I don't know if I'm going to move forward with this. That is a LOT of money for a spoiler when you can get Chinese spoilers for $200-$300.

I would have to put another $1000-$2000 in getting this spoiler tweaked, a new mold made and a production piece for testing again and then my cost per piece is so high I'd have to sell for $450 and again, that's actually a little less than 10% profit.

Would anyone even buy this thing? Also, since I'm tweaking it anyway, I could go ahead and just make it extend to the quarters... Thoughts?

Quick Reply: SNEAK PEAK at our 6LE 2010 Camaro Spoiler...