Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with a fuel pump.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with a fuel pump.

Need to know what after market fuel pump to run on the 2010 Camaro. I've heard of people doing the boost a pump with success, but am checking out all avenues. I've tried doing searches and nothing specific comes up. Any ideas?? I do most of my shopping online since I'm in Africa most of the time. I'd hate to get home and be ready to go and then a fuel pump wont fit or something. BTW, I'm putting in a 76mm Turbo. That's the reason for the Fuel upgrade. Should be going with 60lb. injectors as well. Any help would be appreciated....thanks.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

The boost a pump is good up to about 550 rwhp. After that you will need a duel pump that fits right in your tank as a replacement like from fastlane. These are good up to 800 rwhp. After that you will need a custom system.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Teching In

I've seen the Fastlane unit...very nice. I'm wondering if I can replace the existing one with a more rowdy unit and keep my stock housing. Yes, I would have to re hose it and change it out on my own, but this is not an issue. I've been told the Walbro 255 is a good one to use. Any thoughts on this?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I offer a drop in, dual intank pump kit. They have proven very reliable & easy to install.

There is no easy way to add a Walbro 255 pump as the factory pump is pulse width modulated. This will not work well with a standard pump.

The fuel transfer function is rather complex & does not typically function if the bucket is modified. Also due to the effort required to drop the tank, you will only want to do it once.

I also have a triple setup for power ranges from 800-1500rwhp.

If I can interest you in kit, please give me a call.