Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID's back to stock lights need help

Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HID's back to stock lights need help

Ok when I bought my car it had an HID kit installed on it and the original headlight plugs were cut off. These were junk HID due to one not working and then the other not working, also one was brighter than the other. Now I bought 2 new replacement plugs from Oreiley's to go back to original lights and wired them in but it looks like they are not right. The dim is really really dim and the bright is good. one is there a difference between DRL and low beams on a 2010 Camaro SS? it almost seems like they are stuck on DRL. I guess my question is can someone tell me if I have them wired wrong? and if so how should it be wired? I have seen 3 wires on each side and 3 wires that are on the plugs so I did brown to brown on both sides and black to black on both sides the only difference is that on the driver side there is no green it is a yellow wire so I did green to yellow on driver side and green to green on the passenger side. any help would be greatly appreciated... also how are the LED light wired up?
Old 04-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LED lights are not stock on 2010 Camaro's. I believe there is a slight voltage difference between DRL mode & headlamp mode, as I know when factory HID headlamps are installed on cars with the standard Halogen's the DRL mode does not produce enough voltage and can make the headlamps flicker while in that mode but the actual headlight mode they work fine. My previous 5th gen had Halogens, but I can't really remember the wiring colors. Sounds like you really need a factory wiring diagram to make sure all wires are reconnected properly the way you want them. Halogens are what they are, and they will always seem very dim in comparison to HID's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID's back to stock lights need help