Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Water meth setup on whipple

Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water meth setup on whipple

I'm finally putting the whipple on the LS3 6 speed camaro fri. I have a brand new snow pro water/meth kit from a previous car that I was inquiring about installing with my whipple. I'm not to familiar with the water meth deal as far as A) is it beneficial to the whipple setup? B) would I have to have a separate tune for when I'm using the water meth? C) where do I locate the nozzle with a whipple setup and finally D) how much water meth if at all do I want to run on 10lbs blower cammed, full exhaust stock bottom end DD car??

Thanks for any help guys
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin,

How did this work out for you?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Absolutely perfect! Julio at Alky controls is the man.. Kit it's complete, and I haven't had any issues I love it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

But after research I ditched the snow performance, the pumps can't handle methanol and running a mix is no good and inconsistent
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Good deal. Thanks for the heads up on Alky control. I've heard that their stuff is, quite possibly, the best out there. You've helped reinforce that. So how often do you have to fill up your methanol reservoir\tank?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

In went with a three gallon fuel cell in trunk, just like Julio explained it, it's based on how you drive, the methanol is setup off boost level and or maf reading, so in turn you could drive your car around the world and only use a couple of ounces or use 3 gallon a week.... Simplified it's only injecting when your in the throttle making boost. There is a low level light, and also a led light that references by changing colors as to when the pump is building pressure to green you are spraying meth.... I bought a 55 gallon drum, put over 10,000 miles on it and used 20 gallon max if that says anything. I generally just check it during fill up of gas tank.... And the single nozzle kit will do you fine. I'm actually about to upgrade to dual nozzle I'm going to try this 13lb pulley out and back down the timing

Any other questions just ask
Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Wow. Fantastic answer. Just what I was looking for. I'm thinking about doing methanol injection. On Monday, I am doing twin in tank pumps and a cam. I am getting in to the power range where methanol, at a minimum, will add some safety.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:47 AM
12 Second Club

I'm working on upgrading the fuel system myself here soon and motor also, I just run the MSD boost a pump for now and haven't had any fueling issues.
If you haven't purchased your cam yet I would highly recommend EPS Geoff skinner. My blower cam is making on avg 50more hp than others with blowers and cams FWIW
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Launching!

Geoff's a good guy. I spoke with him on the phone about six months ago. Pat G also chimed in with some valuable info in a blower cam thread, he's another quality person. Finally, my installer\builder\tuner (he used to be a sponsor here) and I were talking cams and his recommendations fell right in line with what Geoff and Pat were suggesting so that's what I went with. I think 50 horsepower is just about right.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Sweet man let me know how it turns out, I'm hoping to have my setup making at least a 1,000rwhp by summer.

Where are you located? I'm in southern Alabama right now
Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Launching!

I'd like to see that number in my future but, it won't be by this summer..... unless I win the lottery.

I'm just outside of Memphis.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water meth setup on whipple