Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

5th Gen plate system

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th Gen plate system

Hey guys just got back from afghanistan on my R&R and bought myself a new 2010 camaro ss rs 6 speed( sold the old 98 ;(.. ), i am getting a vararam intake and full slp exhaust(huge slp fan) i am a nitrous freak and was looking at some plate kits. i really like the nitrous express kit and the nitrous out let kit. leaning towards NX right now, but im back here in afghanistan so my research on everything is minimal. Is there any other plate kits out there? if so could you leave me a pic or link so i could check them out i am picky and want a clean and some what consealed kit, would love some of you nitrous guys opinions! thanks much!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM
FormerVendor

1st I would like to say thanks for serving

I have always been a big Nitrous Outlet fan and have always been pleased with their products. The fit, finish and function of their products have always impressed me. This is the reason I always suggest their products as well as run all N.O. products on my own personal car.

My suggestion would be the N.O 5th Gen specicifc plate kit.

here is a nice GMHTP feature on the kit

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...tem/index.html

let me know if I can help any further

BTW: I am not knocking NX and they do appear to have a nice 5th Gen specific kit.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Teching In

I do like the nitrous outlet kit but i have some questions and conserns, flipping the throttle body upside down??? would there be air flow differences ??? and also the hard line between the solenoids and the plate.. looks like it would leak possibly? i do like how it is consealed and hidden though... and very nice link, lots of info and good pics! thanks for the help!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

flipping the TB will cause no issues

I guess you could say there is a potential of a leak at any given connection of a line, but if tightened properly there should be no issues.

glad to help
Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We do offer a really nice setup for the 5th Gen Camaro that is adjustable up to 200hp. It is our plate w/ integrated solenoids that is designed for an easy and clean install with killer looks.

http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1509

If you have any specific questions about this system, or any others feel free to shoot me a PM or send me an email at clay@nitrousexpress.com and I will take care of anything you need.

Thanks,
Clay @NX
Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98ss4REAL
I do like the nitrous outlet kit but i have some questions and conserns, flipping the throttle body upside down??? would there be air flow differences ??? and also the hard line between the solenoids and the plate.. looks like it would leak possibly? i do like how it is consealed and hidden though... and very nice link, lots of info and good pics! thanks for the help!
I aggree, Thank you for serving our country!

Not to toot our own horn but there is not another plate system on the market that can compair to the power out put, fitment and sex appeal in our sytem. Not to mention our system is truely made in the USA!

We flip the plate upside down because we wanted to make sure that our plate system was capable of flowing up to 400 hp, have a factory O-ring seal, and simply just bolt on with a nice sex appeal. Fliping the plate upside down and sending the system with an extension harness was the best way of achieving all the expectations we had in the system.

We did vigorous testing on this system and lots of street miles for drivability. The system performs great and you will not have any drivability change at all.

I know you are limited to research being over there but when you get time google our system. There are alot of them out there and I think you will be suprised to see what great sesults our customers are having with our product.

Larry, (Above) can take real good care of you and he is very familiar with our products

We built alot of custom accessories for the 2010 Up platform and as soon as our website is back up I will link them in here to help you out. (We are having hosting issues)

Thanks
Dave
Old 07-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Just to add a little to what Dave said.

N20 took a lot of time to look at the options when it came to designing a plate, which is one of the most crucial pieces on the platform.

Your option's are basically to make it exceptional thin, or do the outside the norm of flipping the throttle body. A lot went into the route we did.

The plate setup we have now will do a true 400hp. While many will never use this, we want the best performing product we can. This plate besides the extreme flow capability, has the best distribution of any setup save the direct port on this platform.

Doing remote solenoids on this allows for again, huge flow but also to have the jets placed at the plate itself rather than at the solenoid. Jetting at the solenoid causes most of the cooling effect to happen in the plate rather than in the airstream. The plate will look extremely chilled, which means all of that cooling was not chilling the incoming air.

So as you can see, a lot went into the choice made at the plate. We feel we ended up with the best option.

On the hardlines, they are much nicer to work with than the braided lines. They are pre-bent perfectly for the application. No spaghetti and no brainstorming to figure out where to mount everything.

Also we have many options specific to the 2010 including bottle brackets, switch panels, we even have a complete package with all the things you need down to the correct spark plugs.

We have a lot of experience with the LSX platform and the 5th gen specifically. Let me know if you have any questions on products, tuning, or install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17kW...layer_embedded

Last edited by Graham@NitrousOutlet; 07-25-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Nitrous outlet plate is awesome. I love mine
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Teching In

What would the price on each kit be with all the bells and whistles??? A window switch,a switch plate, purge kit all the good stuff..? just compareing them and i am liking the out let kit more and more theres tons of pics and info on it. the one thing i really liked about the nx kit was a video i found where they toke a intake manifold and hooked the plate up to it to show the flow threw the manifold its self.. i do like all the plug an play and brakets that the outlet has and it seems simple and i like simple so..
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Teching In

and also on my 98 ss i didnt have a nitrous tune and ran a 200 shot on it, full bolt ons ls6, gears, etc.. never had a single problem. i am looking to spray 200 again.. would i need a tune or what? and what kinda track times would i see? i havent seen to much about the new camaros on track times. with just a vararam intake, slp headers all the way back, hurst short throw, and a 200 shot..? just wondering
Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 AM
10 Second Club

This is my setup. Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zacls42UJxg
Attached Thumbnails 5th Gen plate system-dsc04433.jpg   5th Gen plate system-dsc04435.jpg   5th Gen plate system-dsc04436.jpg   5th Gen plate system-dsc04431.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

What would the price on each kit be with all the bells and whistles??? A window switch,a switch plate, purge kit all the good stuff..? just compareing them and i am liking the out let kit more and more theres tons of pics and info on it. the one thing i really liked about the nx kit was a video i found where they toke a intake manifold and hooked the plate up to it to show the flow threw the manifold its self.. i do like all the plug an play and brakets that the outlet has and it seems simple and i like simple so..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_fwm...layer_embedded
Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Teching In

HAHA nice video! and liking the pics dietcoke, have you ever had any leaks with it?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

No, it doesn't leak anywhere. The fittings are very nice.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Diet Coke, Slick ride!

Quick Reply: 5th Gen plate system