Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I log into Camaro5 a lot, and recently it seems the majority of the crowd is 6cyl guys talking about what wax to use or whether or not to let GM mutilate their keys. Even a lot of the SS guys pay 5k to get cam/header combos installed. No offense to them, different strokes for different folks, but I think part of the reason JRE has such a following is a lot of them don't know any better.

For 5k, I would expect a shop to pull the motor and put forged pistons and rods in it so I could spray a bazillion HP worth of nitrous.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4mud
For 5k, I would expect a shop to pull the motor and put forged pistons and rods in it so I could spray a bazillion HP worth of nitrous.

5k doesnt get you much these days... Cam and headers will run around 5k
Old 10-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
5k doesnt get you much these days... Cam and headers will run around 5k
Guess I'll keep doing my own work.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

i work at a small shop in upstate new york call coppola motorsports and we have seen a few from jennety and wow were they bad . dont get me started on lethal lol a customer ordered a 416 from there and i installed it cust brought car back overheating and had a collapsed lifter . they never torqued the heads down fully so 300 miles the guy drove and this happened
Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Bump for the new guys....
Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FastGenV
Bump for the new guys....
LOL. That's hilarious
Old 12-21-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great Read!
Old 12-22-2014, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Just joined up and read this whole thread. I haven't been on C5 very often recently. Not much there to read to keep my interest. It's nice to be able to read about folks experience good or bad.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2sscamaro11
A lot of things get deleted on Camaro5....just saying.
Originally Posted by grocerygetter
yeah...its is very censored over there...I plan to start checking in here more often again. I was on here daily when I had my FRC.
Originally Posted by That_One_Person
I never knew it was that bad over there. Although it seems like 95% of that website is "Someone had the ***** to park next to me!"

Originally Posted by rbl
Nope, not even a PM. All they did was delete my post.

This just happened to me, what a joke! I got banned for telling another member to "search"

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Those guys over there are the laughing stock of the automobile forums. They are a joke. God forbid you say anything that goes against their opinion. That site is worthless anyway. Unless you are looking for which CAI to get. The fast ones hang out on Tech.

So true

Anyway guys here I am and nice to meet you all!
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

With everyone jumping ship it's just a matter of time before it implodes
Old 12-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

I posted this comment in the wrong thread, so I am re posting it here where it was supposed to be.........

Ive talked to three tuners that are pretty well known, here on LS1tech and C5 and none of them have good things to say about him. Like nothing. I wont mention their names, none of the three would probably mind, its just not my place. At first I edited a posting about this subject because I thought my comments would get deleted or I would get banned.

Hell I didnt know.....

Especially after being on C5, but now that I realize that I'm not gunna get banned for saying the truth I am happy I said it. He reminds me of a guy I used to work for, and he was a con-artist, plain and simple.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Hey Jamie, Matt wanted to let you know that my daily driven ZL1 with 45,000 miles on it, went faster that The Jannetty hot rod ZL1. I'm in cat 11 with a 10.044 while they are in the unlimited cat 14 with a 10.288. Shows what a great tuner can do! I'm still stock heads and supercharger too!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

I known jannetty racing since they started being a waterbury gear head native...

Last edited by quickvert1; 12-31-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
I'm close by over in Shelton....had my Camaro down at RPM early last month. Well worth the drive from CT.
go for it

Last edited by quickvert1; 04-28-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvenicess
Hey Jamie, Matt wanted to let you know that my daily driven ZL1 with 45,000 miles on it, went faster that The Jannetty hot rod ZL1. I'm in cat 11 with a 10.044 while they are in the unlimited cat 14 with a 10.288. Shows what a great tuner can do! I'm still stock heads and supercharger too!
For some reason I always know when your at the track. I get step by step updates from Matt. LOL
Old 01-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Launching!

That site cracks me up. I bite my tongue a lot over there but it's frustrating to read some of the bull people push on there. It's a bunch of old men(no offense older cool guys) and domestic ricers showing of their latest stickers and intakes.

As far as Jannetty or any other shop, I've just come to the conclusion that the only way I will know if my car is done right is by doing it my damn self. It sucks, because I'd like to give some shops my business as I don't really have the time, but I just have no faith anymore. That coupled with the fact that most shops are extremely condescending and act like I don't have a clue. I do this for a living, but on multi-million dollar engines everyday. I may not be the most knowledgeable LS guy on the planet, but I'm not an idiot when it comes to engines.

Last edited by 1sick_eg; 01-02-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sick_eg
That site cracks me up. I bite my tongue a lot over there but it's frustrating to read some of the bull people push on there. It's a bunch of old men(no offense older cool guys) and domestic ricers showing of their latest stickers and intakes.

As far as Jannetty or any other shop, I've just come to the conclusion that the only way I will know if my car is done right is by doing it my damn self. It sucks, because I'd like to give some shops my business as I don't really have the time, but I just have no faith anymore. That coupled with the fact that most shops are extremely condescending and act like I don't have a clue. I do this for a living, but on multi-million dollar engines everyday. I may not be the most knowledgeable LS guy on the planet, but I'm not an idiot when it comes to engines.

I saw your post before editing... not sure where it went... But thank you. SAM taught me a lot
Old 01-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
I saw your post before editing... not sure where it went... But thank you. SAM taught me a lot
I must have messed up when correcting a grammar mistake on my phone. Didn't even notice. lol. For those who missed it, I said I'd seriously consider taking my car to RPM because anyone that has gone to SAM, has a lot more trust from me than your average speed shop. Or something like that...
Old 02-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that was a hell of a saturday evening reading all that!(pretty sad)
Old 03-07-2015, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

i like it at camaro5, get lots of help, but some guy asked "what do i need"? very open ended question. sounds like hes on a bit of a budget and not worried about warranty and like everyone else, wants big power. so he asked whats the best intake and catback system...HUGE pet peeve of mine. just get long tube headers, keep your stock mufflers and save money. same if not better sound, way more power. get a remote tuner, forget the intake, its a waste of money at just simple boltons. HUGE waste. for the price of a "cold air" intake you can get a somewhat decent set of longtubes, or longtubes and remote tuner. or just get the airaid MIT. thats half of the benefit or more right there. come on. 30-40rwhp at a broader curve vs 10-20 at 4-6000 rpm ONLY with higher IATS? i got flamed hard for saying that. like 5 different guys saying i was ignorant and HERE WE GO AGAIN and then told me to go read a dyno test jannetty did on all the different intakes. GIVE ME A FKIN BREAK. doing dyno runs to determine the difference between CAI's?? but to him thats a gold mine. they eat it up, he sells the kits and everyones happy. blind, but happy. he seems to have the hang of tuning now. a lot of satisfied people. but do you ever really know? speak up and your immediately banned. i see like 3-4 people every big thread who posted a week ago suspended. i search their posts and i see nothing...obviously deleted. Tran makes a FORTUNE for nothing. /endrant yes im drinking whiskey, no i dont come here as often as i should.

Quick Reply: Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT