Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol sadly i just realized its still dead in the 5th gen section. why, oh why?

also forgot to mention i read on some corvette/gto forums or somethin after googling cam stuff that ls1tech is a buncha nonsense cuz everyones a pat G fan. really?? our own gm brothers...fawk
Old 03-07-2015, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Vette forum is kinda like Camaro 5.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:21 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The Vette forum is kinda like Camaro 5.
I agree with that completely
Old 03-23-2015, 05:26 PM

Hello tech

Just came across this thread and read it from the beginning (took a while!)

I've primarily been on C5 but I've lurked here over the years without making an account.

Everyone hear would say I drank the koolaid because I read positive reviews on C5 and then chose to bring my ZL1 M6 to Jannetty for his road race cam, lower pulley, and tune. I believe what has been said above and feel sorry for those that have been burned. I just wanted to share my experience with JRE:

Exchanged about a dozen emails with Ted back and forth about the mods I wanted done, what my end goals were for the car, budget, and what kind of driving I used the car for (DD with some road course days a year)

Everything went as scheduled, car was ready when agreed upon, and I paid what it said on the invoice. IMO the car runs awesome.

This thread has certainly made me second guess things and I'm now considering getting it checked out by another shop just for ***** and giggles. I've had zero issues since having it built but I would like another opinion just for peace of mind.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by toyosuprablue
Hello tech

Just came across this thread and read it from the beginning (took a while!)

I've primarily been on C5 but I've lurked here over the years without making an account.

Everyone hear would say I drank the koolaid because I read positive reviews on C5 and then chose to bring my ZL1 M6 to Jannetty for his road race cam, lower pulley, and tune. I believe what has been said above and feel sorry for those that have been burned. I just wanted to share my experience with JRE:

Exchanged about a dozen emails with Ted back and forth about the mods I wanted done, what my end goals were for the car, budget, and what kind of driving I used the car for (DD with some road course days a year)

Everything went as scheduled, car was ready when agreed upon, and I paid what it said on the invoice.

This thread has certainly made me second guess things and I'm now considering getting it checked out by another shop just for ***** and giggles. I've had zero issues since having it built but I would like another opinion just for peace of mind.
According to tuners I have talked to, that have seen his data logs and re tuned his customers cars, they are not too impressed. I have only talked to three but all three claim to have cleaned up his work. All three are very well known and respected. I am sure he is gotta be doing something right, and making some people happy, but go over to HPT forums and see what some of the opinions of him are from some of the pretty damn smart tuners over there. Tech isn't the only place where you'll find negative feedback about him. IMO hes got way too much time to post on C5 for a shop owner who is also a tuner. The tuners that I know are so busy they rarely have the time to post on any forum. I think the majority of his work comes from bolt on tunes. He always boasts about his 9 second cars that he remotely tunes, I would love to see a few of those data logs.

Last edited by 1KillerSS; 03-23-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
According to tuners I have talked to, that have seen his data logs and re tuned his customers cars, they are not too impressed. I have only talked to three but all three claim to have cleaned up his work. All three are very well known and respected. I am sure he is gotta be doing something right, and making some people happy, but go over to HPT forums and see what some of the opinions of him are from some of the pretty damn smart tuners over there. Tech isn't the only place where you'll find negative feedback about him. IMO hes got way too much time to post on C5 for a shop owner who is also a tuner. The tuners that I know are so busy they rarely have the time to post on any forum. I think the majority of his work comes from bolt on tunes. He always boasts about his 9 second cars that he remotely tunes, I would love to see a few of those data logs.
I appreciate the neutral minded response. I personally choose to not bash any member or company on a forum whether they deserve it or not based on the fact that all the details of what happened are rarely ever presented when it comes to a they said, he said argument. (Just putting that out there, not trying to start anything on my first day on tech)

I will definitely look into more forums and another shop to review my car's tune.

Compared to what some of the people on here have done to their cars mine so far is a fairly straight forward build so in that respect I feel safer with what was done. Its a power level that JRE (and most shops) do a lot of I would think. If every person that had the mods of my vehicle went back to JRE with blown motors he would've been out of business a long time ago. Like you said I think he makes the bolt on crowd happy.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Drama who needs it...
I know Ted for many years and family

Great group of people over there for sure

Jealousy needs to end and karma sux for the haters

Last edited by quickvert1; 04-26-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quickvert1
Drama who needs it...
I know Ted for many years and family

Great group of people over there for sure

Jealousy needs to end and karma sux for the haters
Really!!!! How's karma working out for you Paul? How many tuners have you've been thru in a year. How about you let Ted tune your vette.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
Really!!!! How's karma working out for you Paul? How many tuners have you've been thru in a year. How about you let Ted tune your vette.
Maybe I should ....but I'm doing it myself now along with everything I do myself..trial n error only way you learn..hands on
I don't have to worry about my vehicle getting trashed now while in a shop or pay labor when I can do myself and even better(take my time) or better yet giving a shop credit for MY work
But hey when I got this car i didn't know squat about LS or these efi cars and I'm getting there very very fast..Im a carb guy
who knows were I will be in a year from now..lol
Its all on me now...I like it that way)
I won't quit

I have nothing bad to say about anyone or anything at this point..I just learn from my mistakes and MOVE ON

Last edited by quickvert1; 04-27-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Maybe I should ....but I'm doing it myself now along with everything I do myself..trial n error only way you learn..hands on
I don't have to worry about my vehicle getting trashed now while in a shop or pay labor when I can do myself and even better(take my time) or better yet giving a shop credit for MY work
But hey when I got this car i didn't know squat about LS or these efi cars and I'm getting there very very fast..Im a carb guy
who knows were I will be in a year from now..lol
Its all on me now...I like it that way)
I won't quit

I have nothing bad to say about anyone or anything at this point..I just learn from my mistakes and MOVE ON
Did we come into any of your threads and discount anything you said. No... So we'd appreciate it if you stay out of ours...

So you believe you'll be tuning your own car shortly... You really are a tool... It's one thing to wrench but tuning is a whole different ball game
Old 04-28-2015, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes, Karma always finds a way to come back.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Yes, Karma always finds a way to come back.
don please the drama needs to end...

your a good tuner no doubt in my mind I cant take that away from u...u really good at it and proved that over and over again

it didn't work out with us no biggie really..i moved on and nothing to add

ny ny sorry don't want to hijack your thread

Last edited by quickvert1; 04-28-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not trust them
You wouldnt trust us? Thats funny.... More like we dont trust YOU. I could tell you were a customer we didnt want to deal with from the first time i spoke to you. Then after talking to many shops im GLAD i didnt tune your car.

Name:  858BE632-C4D0-4458-B5E5-4B6323193836_zpscs2wyz7z.png
Views: 494
Size:  263.7 KB
Name:  D1471125-11AB-4780-92E4-A6A61D527841_zpst4e8tl68.png
Views: 531
Size:  332.8 KB

If you dont trust us why did you send us so many messages on Facebook asking to tune your car?
Old 04-28-2015, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That's normal.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
You wouldnt trust us? Thats funny.... More like we dont trust YOU. I could tell you were a customer we didnt want to deal with from the first time i spoke to you. Then after talking to many shops im GLAD i didnt tune your car.

If you dont trust us why did you send us so many messages on Facebook asking to tune your car?
sucks my work intimidates most shops and over powers there dyno..LMAO ..I do need nos on top of a blower or fab 9 rears and claim they have the fastest stock suspension vette.......
Old 04-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Banned

sucks my work intimidates most shops and over powers there dyno..LMAO ..I do need nos on top of a blower or fab 9 rears and claim they have the fastest stock suspension vette.......
You wanna bring down 50k in cash and ill run you in a stock rear C6 with no nitrous? Has ice cold AC, no roll cage, Full interior... Just like you... Street car

Didnt think so.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
You wanna bring down 50k in cash and ill run you in a stock rear C6 with no nitrous? Has ice cold AC, no roll cage, Full interior... Just like you... Street car

Didnt think so.
Geez Fran you seem so unprofessional...
well rpm recommended your shop so iI called u so I did contact u didn't know u were so dam childish and could not even understand u on the phone and pretty rude
were u you when I had the malibu..I would of put a spanking on ur car with ur nos and blower u rave about all over the Internet
I think it's pretty comin out of a shop to have a fast car?

Last edited by quickvert1; 04-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Banned

Geez Fran you seem so professional...
well rpm recommended I called u so I did contact u didn't know u were so dam childish
were u you when I had the malibu..I would of put a spanking on ur car with ur no and blower u rave about all over the Internet
I think it's pretty expected out of a shop to have a fast car?
Nothing is childish. You are telling customers you wouldnt come to us but yet you practically beg me to tune your car. Ill pass. Have fun with it.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

just bash paul..in the end I will win)..karma sucks

Fran though u hate me those c6s roll give u credit were credit is due
Old 04-28-2015, 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Sad part, there is no bashing going on here. Fran just posted facts.

Quick Reply: Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT