Jannetty Racing review,issues,problems please post here

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ls427ray
ha...what, me worry?.
me and don are meeting at a nice Italian restaurant on mulberry street. I'm bringing an envelope.
Don can't be bought , he already sold his soul to the prince of darkness...
Old 02-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have trusted anyone that randomly capitalizes words. What caused the knock NY? I have a JRE tune and experience knock as well. Taking the car to a local shop for removal of infamous plugs and retune. New place is called Tuned by Frost. Any feedback on this shop is appreciated. I have heard good things locally and on forums (but as we know, forum reviews aren't always balanced). I will post my results after tune.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Teching In

knock is never good.....

I would research whatever shop you go to pdb.... its winter why rush..

BTW I love DAN...... NO H...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PIDBLSED
Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have trusted anyone that randomly capitalizes words. What caused the knock NY? I have a JRE tune and experience knock as well. Taking the car to a local shop for removal of infamous plugs and retune. New place is called Tuned by Frost. Any feedback on this shop is appreciated. I have heard good things locally and on forums (but as we know, forum reviews aren't always balanced). I will post my results after tune.
From what I understand timing advance was set on kill (motor). Was running timing for a car setup for race gas not pump + torco.

Never heard anything negative on frost but what the hell do I know. I went to Jannetty.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by epstein
knock is never good.....

I would research whatever shop you go to pdb.... its winter why rush..

BTW I love DAN...... NO H...
I heart you too Murray. I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls427ray
ha...what, me worry?.
me and don are meeting at a nice Italian restaurant on mulberry street. I'm bringing an envelope.
If your buying, Lets go to Sal Anthony's, stop by Ferrara bakery for dessert, and Ill buy the cheeses and dried sausage from DiPalo's.

Someone bring the hardware just in case tony the nose wants to bust a cap.

Man I cant wait for my next visit this Christmas so I can come back down with 5 pounds of cheese.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
From what I understand timing advance was set on kill (motor). Was running timing for a car setup for race gas not pump + torco.

Never heard anything negative on frost but what the hell do I know. I went to Jannetty.
You ain't the only one. I started my build with a local shop and had bad luck. I then took it to JRE to fix all the problems. Now I am back where I started. I feel like an idiot. I didn't even get a shirt that was my size. It can only get better from here.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Heres a jannetty racings expert tune. Btw, according to Ted he's has 35 years experience, so he's been tuning since he was 13 in 1978.... His famous trans tune is add 10% across the board and on the engine side it's timing timing timing. Which is why everyone has knock. Everyone. I have a crapload of Pms proving that. Bring ignorant was my fault, but know that I've learned I'm embarrassed at the crap I let him get away with.

It started in 2010, he said he heard a lifter fail while the car was on the dyno. So I asked what do we do. He said the motor needs to come apart and since we have to take the motor apart we may as well do an ls3 conversion. My dumbsss said ok. Guess what. There was NO evidence of any lifter failing. Got robbed for $7k. 2 months later the motor blows which he blames on anything but himself. Total joke. Sad thing is that this is all 100% true.

3 more years...to be continued.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9 Second 2010 Camaro
Heres a jannetty racings expert tune. Btw, according to Ted he's has 35 years experience, so he's been tuning since he was 13 in 1978.... His famous trans tune is add 10% across the board and on the engine side it's timing timing timing. Which is why everyone has knock. Everyone. I have a crapload of Pms proving that. Bring ignorant was my fault, but know that I've learned I'm embarrassed at the crap I let him get away with.

It started in 2010, he said he heard a lifter fail while the car was on the dyno. So I asked what do we do. He said the motor needs to come apart and since we have to take the motor apart we may as well do an ls3 conversion. My dumbsss said ok. Guess what. There was NO evidence of any lifter failing. Got robbed for $7k. 2 months later the motor blows which he blames on anything but himself. Total joke. Sad thing is that this is all 100% true.

I had that shop install a cam on an LS3. Should I be worried about the install or are the techs ok? This all pisses me off. I don't even think I can log back on to Camaro5 and support something that fs over its members for $.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9 Second 2010 Camaro

We were all ignorant. He had rave reviews on C5 and he was the closet shop to me. i thought win win. What embarrassed me the most is the praise and thanks I had to constantly give for him to look at my car for 10s.

He'd get pissed if you question him on price. Called me cheap. Tried to peddle his infamous 416 on me.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

I had that shop install a cam on an LS3. Should I be worried about the install or are the techs ok? This all pisses me off. I don't even think I can log back on to Camaro5 and support something that fs over its members for $.
Is hate to say it but chances are you're doomed. I'm assuming he had his soon install your cam which means the cam bolts are already backing out. There's a reason he was already fired once. Ask maxspeed from c5. Jr cam install, cam backed out, it was obvious why, jannetty racing raped him on the fix, then he went to Slowhawk for the correct tune. Or the tons of stories where jannetty racing tells customers to pound sand, that's he's not helping fix his lousy tune anymore. Got lots of Pms from them.

Have your car checked and retuned before something catastrophic occurs. Just my $.02
Old 02-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

You ain't the only one. I started my build with a local shop and had bad luck. I then took it to JRE to fix all the problems. Now I am back where I started. I feel like an idiot. I didn't even get a shirt that was my size. It can only get better from here.
I have Jannetty Racing shirts. They do a gd job of being rags. Lol
Old 02-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I am not going to subscribe to this thread. I already know the outcome.

BTW, what took some of you soooooo long to get here???
Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010
I am not going to subscribe to this thread. I already know the outcome.

BTW, what took some of you soooooo long to get here???
I've been a member of tech for a couple years. Just no action in the 5th Gen threads until recently
Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Checking in. I just got perma banned as well.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Suprslo x
Checking in. I just got perma banned as well.
Sorry to hear that man. Mentioning tech it seems is cause for an instant ban lately. Pretty much anyone I followed is over here now. Welcome
Old 02-14-2014, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Bringing it up for the new guys lots of interest as my old shop would say
Old 02-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Every day you hear more and more negative stories about Jannetty Racing. How he tells customers that he is done with them and can't help anymore all the while the checks have cleared. WTF. How can you do that? Sad thing is that's its true and it's all factual.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
Sorry to hear that man. Mentioning tech it seems is cause for an instant ban lately. Pretty much anyone I followed is over here now. Welcome
I think I'm gonna mention tech to get banned myself. I basically troll over there just to see what rhino has done. Most of it is stupid, no wonder 5 gens get bashed so much.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by key4
I think I'm gonna mention tech to get banned myself. I basically troll over there just to see what rhino has done. Most of it is stupid, no wonder 5 gens get bashed so much.
Or tell the truth about Jannetty Racing. That will get you banned as well as a call to your parents!!

Quick Reply: Jannetty Racing review,issues,problems please post here