Jannetty Racing review,issues,problems please post here

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did I miss?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I won't knock his experience in the field, but you can't fix stupid. I think maybe their heads just got so big from somehow being talked up so highly on forums by people that have no clue what they are doing, that they let their professionalism and shop organization go to ****.

Last year I had e-mailed back and forth with him about one of his cam packages. I had big plans for my 2013 2SS so we confirmed a big cam grind to go with one of his packages. Long story short even after having it in writing, they put the wrong f*cking cam in the car. To top it off, the numbers after dyno were embarassing. When I asked what we can do about it showing him the written confirmation of a different cam, he offered to reinstall but still charge me for labor. Sad.

That being said he's got to be doing something right, otherwise he wouldn't be in business. Better luck to anyone else that decides to continue giving him business.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
That being said he's got to be doing something right, otherwise he wouldn't be in business. Better luck to anyone else that decides to continue giving him business.

Hes not doing it right. He rips people off time and time again.... That will only last for so long... Was easier 10 years ago before car forums etc...His time will end and i feel it wont be too much longer from now.

I was told by a few people that he quoted them 4800 for a cam package installed. People were calling us when I ran a special for 2k installed and tuned and asked what i wasnt including for that price. ( We were actually installing MORE parts than in his price)
Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Hes not doing it right. He rips people off time and time again.... That will only last for so long... Was easier 10 years ago before car forums etc...His time will end and i feel it wont be too much longer from now.

I was told by a few people that he quoted them 4800 for a cam package installed. People were calling us when I ran a special for 2k installed and tuned and asked what i wasnt including for that price. ( We were actually installing MORE parts than in his price)
If he was doing it right, I would assume he would come on here and defend himself.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by PIDBLSED
If he was doing it right, I would assume he would come on here and defend himself.
No he wouldn't because the overwhelming response would shove him back into his cave.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
I won't knock his experience in the field, but you can't fix stupid. I think maybe their heads just got so big from somehow being talked up so highly on forums by people that have no clue what they are doing, that they let their professionalism and shop organization go to ****.

Last year I had e-mailed back and forth with him about one of his cam packages. I had big plans for my 2013 2SS so we confirmed a big cam grind to go with one of his packages. Long story short even after having it in writing, they put the wrong f*cking cam in the car. To top it off, the numbers after dyno were embarassing. When I asked what we can do about it showing him the written confirmation of a different cam, he offered to reinstall but still charge me for labor. Sad.

Hello Chris, I belive there is a big misunderstanding.

I would have been happy to work something out with you had I known you were at all dissatisfied, you seemed thrilled when you picked up your car and drove it.

Please contact me for a resolution.

Ted.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frans96SS

I am Very surprised and disappointed that a Professional shop would make wild false accusations about another Professional shop, This is Well, Unprofessional.

4800 would be for an L99 to LS3 conversion with full cam package SCT tuner and dyno tune, Not a simple LS3 Cam package.

God Bless you.

Ted.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super_Chris
No he wouldn't because the overwhelming response would shove him back into his cave.
Hi Jamie, Hope all is well with you and your family.

Ted.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM

Not Jamie. I'm taller, smarter, better looking and shorter temper.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

I hope everyone here gives jannetty racing a shot at fairness. ted is a wonderful person and deserves some open minds.

I support jannetty racing, they have done a lot for me.

Last edited by ls427ray; 03-24-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 PM

I was there when everything with Jamie went down. It was suppose to be a closed case, however people legitimately tried to post a review about your shop and got banned. There was some serious knee dropping happening because they were all closed. However only one managed to stay open. The other threads had validity to them (that means they had truth), regardless of what was said, but that big ***** Tran probably had his pockets lined with lube and cash from you and had them pulled. I was one of the ones that got banned because of that even in trying to add a little humor to it. Don't go crying to mommy and daddy because you handle criticism.

Let me remind you about the dick you are. I tried to come to you for work in the past, but because a more reputable shop already did work, you refused to do any work, and I'm not the only one. Remember VanquisherSS? He came to you with a nitrous install and was providing parts, again you refused to work.

Last edited by Super_Chris; 03-24-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING
I am Very surprised and disappointed that a Professional shop would make wild false accusations about another Professional shop, This is Well, Unprofessional. 4800 would be for an L99 to LS3 conversion with full cam package SCT tuner and dyno tune, Not a simple LS3 Cam package. God Bless you. Ted.
Not going to argue with you. I've heard that price from numerous customer of mine who got prices from you also. Regardless we shall see what the future brings.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls427ray
I hope everyone here gives jannetty racing a shot at fairness. ted is a wonderful person and deserves some open minds.

I'm going to second that Ray. I've dealt with Ted for about 2 years now and have nothing but good things to say about him.

I'm sure JRE will be just fine despite the last 6 months negativity and moving forward will probably be a better shop because of it.

Bryan
Old 03-25-2014, 05:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS7 427
I'm going to second that Ray. I've dealt with Ted for about 2 years now and have nothing but good things to say about him.

I'm sure JRE will be just fine despite the last 6 months negativity and moving forward will probably be a better shop because of it.

Bryan
You mean truth. The first 2 months emotions probably drove some of us. Moving forward maybe he will have a better shop cause of it. But your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Maybe there is truth to the posts that suggest his shop and ego grew to big. Maybe he's addressing that now. Maybe JRE was in over there heads on some of this. Maybe if he accepted some of the blame these threads wouldn't exist. Lots of maybe's.

I've been done thrashing Jannetty for awhile now but if someone asks me my opinion I give it to them. I also implore them to do there research even suggesting they take these threads out of the equation. And if they choose to stay with Jannetty so be it. I don't publicly criticize them. (except for Ray who's chops I'm just busting, if Ray would ask me to stop via Pm I would)

These threads while a little on the negative side at first do more good for the community then harm it. Ted now has to earn customers business again.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
You mean truth. The first 2 months emotions probably drove some of us. Moving forward maybe he will have a better shop cause of it. But your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Maybe there is truth to the posts that suggest his shop and ego grew to big. Maybe he's addressing that now. Maybe JRE was in over there heads on some of this. Maybe if he accepted some of the blame these threads wouldn't exist. Lots of maybe's.

I've been done thrashing Jannetty for awhile now but if someone asks me my opinion I give it to them. I also implore them to do there research even suggesting they take these threads out of the equation. And if they choose to stay with Jannetty so be it. I don't publicly criticize them. (except for Ray who's chops I'm just busting, if Ray would ask me to stop via Pm I would)

These threads while a little on the negative side at first do more good for the community then harm it. Ted now has to earn customers business again.
hi dan:
you're a class act.
best regards,
ray
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope Jannetty learns his lesson's.

1- Years in the grind does not mean you know everything.
2- You can always learn on tuning
3-Take care of your customers issue's first, don't try to upcharge more parts. They don't like that.
4- Change your attitude when talking to people.

These are just the basic complaints I hear daily. We have a lot of CT customers in his remote area.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I hope Jannetty learns his lesson's.

1- Years in the grind does not mean you know everything.
2- You can always learn on tuning
3-Take care of your customers issue's first, don't try to upcharge more parts. They don't like that.
4- Change your attitude when talking to people.

These are just the basic complaints I hear daily. We have a lot of CT customers in his remote area.
Agree on all counts, and just to be fair you have rubbed a few people the wrong way as well, I have Many Mass Customers.

As soon as they start telling me they're complaints I put my hand up and say Please, let's not go there, How can I help you move forward from Here, Just good business.

Fish stories get bigger everytime they get repeated so they are unreliable and I don't care to listen to them.

Ted.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls427ray

As do the customers that have shared their experiences. Fairness went out the window when posts were deleted.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING
Agree on all counts, and just to be fair you have rubbed a few people the wrong way as well, I have Many Mass Customers.

As soon as they start telling me they're complaints I put my hand up and say Please, let's not go there, How can I help you move forward from Here, Just good business.

Fish stories get bigger everytime they get repeated so they are unreliable and I don't care to listen to them.

Ted.
Exactly. I know who the customers are and we purposely push them away.

We all learn.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Default Happy with JRE tune!

Couldn't be happier with my JRE tune!

Quick Reply: Jannetty Racing review,issues,problems please post here