Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

1400 Horsepower RHS LS Short Block By Jannetty Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you ran 9.29 with no NOS.
With all the upgrades motor wise,you might break the 8's without touching the NOS.
But I know you want to touch it......
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BullF-16
Why the aversion to twins?
no aversion to twins at all. twins appear to be the fastest way to 8's. however I have a lot invested in my supercharged setup and did not want to start from scratch again.
so I decided on keeping my ysi supercharger. my ysi has amazing instant full blast capabilities on the street, and that's important to me because the car is 95% street car and 5% track car. I thought the turbo lag may effect the street enjoyment.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by motion427
If you ran 9.29 with no NOS.
With all the upgrades motor wise,you might break the 8's without touching the NOS.
But I know you want to touch it......
you may be correct and I hope you are but the nitrous is simply an insurance policy to go 8's.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls427ray
no aversion to twins at all. twins appear to be the fastest way to 8's. however I have a lot invested in my supercharged setup and did not want to start from scratch again.
so I decided on keeping my ysi supercharger. my ysi has amazing instant full blast capabilities on the street, and that's important to me because the car is 95% street car and 5% track car. I thought the turbo lag may effect the street enjoyment.
There hasnt been turbo lag since 1988.... I Hate when i hear that ALLLLLL the time now... we have this new thing called technology that fixed all that.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
There hasnt been turbo lag since 1988.... I Hate when i hear that ALLLLLL the time now... we have this new thing called technology that fixed all that.
I suspected technology has cured that, but I recently purchased a new bmw 750li x, twin turbo, 8 cly, and the turbo lag is absolutely disgusting.

same thing with my Bentley flying spur. its a 12 cylinder twin turbo and the lag is just as disgusting.

these 2 cars total almost $300,000.00 and have new technology but just don't have the instant snap of a supercharger.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

I agree. Turbos got a bad rap 20+ years ago and just can't get past it no matter what.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

My 260hp Golf R has inducing turbo lag. It's pretty far from a thing of the past.

I'm not advocating one setup over another, but I will say this. A blower AND nitrous is just fng cool. Even if you almost never use the nitrous. Just knowing it's there and looking at all of that sick plumbing when you pop the hood..... instant car boner.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 AM
Banned

I suspected technology has cured that, but I recently purchased a new bmw 750li x, twin turbo, 8 cly, and the turbo lag is absolutely disgusting.

same thing with my Bentley flying spur. its a 12 cylinder twin turbo and the lag is just as disgusting.

these 2 cars total almost $300,000.00 and have new technology but just don't have the instant snap of a supercharger.

Those cars are also designed to NOT have instant spool. Its a luxury car. Same way with new trucks etc... they are built into the tune to ramp up timing and throttle regardless of how hard you floor it.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Those cars are also designed to NOT have instant spool. Its a luxury car. Same way with new trucks etc... they are built into the tune to ramp up timing and throttle regardless of how hard you floor it.
I have great respect for you, but I doubt my mega dollar (Bentley and bmw 750lix) factory turbo cars are designed to have turbo lag.
I would think they would offer instant throttle response if they could.

here is your own video of a car running 9.11 with turbo lag off the line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxw2X...ature=youtu.be

I know the turbo cars are faster than supercharged cars, as evidenced by a turbo car beating my "2012 C5 record" in 2013.
I feel people endure turbo lag because the turbo's will more than make it up in the 1/4 mile.

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
My 260hp Golf R has inducing turbo lag. It's pretty far from a thing of the past.

Last edited by ls427ray; 03-25-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Banned

I have great respect for you, but I doubt my mega dollar (Bentley and bmw 750lix) factory turbo cars are designed to have turbo lag.
I would think they would offer instant throttle response if they could.

here is your own video of a car running 9.11 with turbo lag off the line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxw2X...ature=youtu.be

I know the turbo cars are faster than supercharged cars, as evidenced by a turbo car beating my "2012 C5 record" in 2013.
I feel people endure turbo lag because the turbo's will more than make it up in the 1/4 mile.

I have respect for you too. Seems you have done well in life and i have respect for successful people bc it does not come easy. the video of that car running is not lag. I made it come in delayed by the boost controller bc the track prep wasnt good. I was tuning the car around the track. here is a video of the car before we had that boost controller on it showing it spinning the tires right away. I can make this car leave on 30psi of boost if i want to.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

I have respect for you too. Seems you have done well in life and i have respect for successful people bc it does not come easy. the video of that car running is not lag. I made it come in delayed by the boost controller bc the track prep wasnt good. I was tuning the car around the track. here is a video of the car before we had that boost controller on it showing it spinning the tires right away. I can make this car leave on 30psi of boost if i want to.

Twin Turbo 2010 Camaro Gets DIRTY w/Onboard Footage - YouTube
would you please come to my house and tune the turbo lag out of my two hoopties.
best regards,
ray

ps...I hope you continue to forget to post your time on the fast list....you'll bump me down if you do.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Banned

would you please come to my house and tune the turbo lag out of my two hoopties.
best regards,
ray

ps...I hope you continue to forget to post your time on the fast list....you'll bump me down if you do.
haha.... If i could tune a bentley i would...
Old 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just see the YSI like running a P1 procharger on a motor like that. Unless it is 11.5-1 static compression to make up for lack of air.
A motor like that deserve's a F1X or F2. Running nitrous with it just makes me see another BOOM in the future.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Teching In

my car has an f1x on it. no cutting needed
Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I just see the YSI like running a P1 procharger on a motor like that. Unless it is 11.5-1 static compression to make up for lack of air.
A motor like that deserve's a F1X or F2. Running nitrous with it just makes me see another BOOM in the future.
Originally Posted by RDUnn
my car has an f1x on it. no cutting needed
that f1x is a bad mother. on the procharger website it is rated to 1300 hp, however that is grossly under-estimated.

I wanted to keep the ysi (me being cheap) and my thinking was that with a little juice it will go 8's.
if I had to start all over, I would go f1x or f2.
but when I first did this car I was shooting for high tens...never did I think that I'd be like a crackhead fiending for more.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

that f1x is a bad mother. on the procharger website it is rated to 1300 hp, however that is grossly under-estimated.

I wanted to keep the ysi (me being cheap) and my thinking was that with a little juice it will go 8's.
but when I first did this car I was shooting for high tens...never did I think that I'd be like a crackhead fiending for more.
You going to camaro 5 fest with the car?
Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

You going to camaro 5 fest with the car?
me and the owner of camaro5 are not friendly....to say the least
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Teching In

I am told that with the F1X being the same size on the outside as the F2 the decision becomes more obvious.

That being said, with the piston oil squirters you are putting in the block, you should be able to run a little more timing that without them as before. It will help but it might not be enough. With the nitrous, you probably only need a 150 shot to get you in the goal. BUT the big weakness that was way to common in the C5 forum and FI cars was that most people I saw were tapping in the engine's fuel system. Seriously a bad idea risking the lack of fuel support to the engine. I suspect that since it looks like you aren't cutting corners you will have a dedicated fuel system planned for the nitrous.

There are people that are having great success with FI and nitrous together. The ones I know have a dedicated fuel system. The FI IATs love the cryo effect. A 150 shot acts like a 175.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would expect the nitrous system to have it's own fuel cell,pump setup.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

me and the owner of camaro5 are not friendly....to say the least
I never met the guy and i think he runs his website like a ******* retard also but i just wanna go with the white car we did and be the top 5th gen there.

Quick Reply: 1400 Horsepower RHS LS Short Block By Jannetty Racing