Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Anyone running the Hellion kit ... Come on in

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone running the Hellion kit ... Come on in

Just curious about the reliability for ls3 and how much boost you are running on stock block. How was the install? They felt you can do 725 rwhp on stock bitty end. Any thoughts? I'm looking to get one from Slowhawk because he's a stand up guy, and I'd like to install and have him tune with meth but I wanted to hear others experiences with kit. Hellion said they've sold about 60 kits and recommended me to go to Jannety but I'll stick with Don.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:44 PM
9 Second Club

Wow.. I guess the kit isn't as popular as I thought....
Old 06-26-2015, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy
Wow.. I guess the kit isn't as popular as I thought....
It was good to talk to you today, Troy. Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-06-2015, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Bob! He's very helpful with answering questions.

Just throw the F1A or something similar on it and be done.

Last edited by Mike 02T/A; 07-06-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A
+1 for Bob! Here's very helpful with answering questions.

Just throw the F1A or something similar on it and be done.
Thanks Mike, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-07-2015, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Bob is definitely a great vendor, no doubt.

I'm looking for turbo kit input and am already pretty familiar with Procharger but thanks for the input.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Troy
Just curious about the reliability for ls3 and how much boost you are running on stock block. How was the install? They felt you can do 725 rwhp on stock bitty end. Any thoughts? I'm looking to get one from Slowhawk because he's a stand up guy, and I'd like to install and have him tune with meth but I wanted to hear others experiences with kit. Hellion said they've sold about 60 kits and recommended me to go to Jannety but I'll stick with Don.
LS3's are good past 750whp, a few are at 900. Stock bottom end. I would look to invest in some quality valve train components Thing to remember with the Hellion kit, or any top mounted turbo kit is the heat under the hood. Wrap everything plastic and invest in a hood with some functional vents.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Default 750

750 at the tires on stock bottom end ls3 is playing with fire everything has to be top notch regarding fuel and tuning to live there . Some do it but its not just a normal no big deal thing on sbe. A good 600hp car with other supporting mods is likely to last and b more enjoyable in my opinion then walking the fine line on your engine as well as all the supporting mods u need in place for that kind of power.. Fuel, tranny, rear end all can be troublesome at that power
Old 08-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pdiddy
750 at the tires on stock bottom end ls3 is playing with fire everything has to be top notch regarding fuel and tuning to live there . Some do it but its not just a normal no big deal thing on sbe. A good 600hp car with other supporting mods is likely to last and b more enjoyable in my opinion then walking the fine line on your engine as well as all the supporting mods u need in place for that kind of power.. Fuel, tranny, rear end all can be troublesome at that power
It's not playing with fire...... Head over to C5 and a few corvette forums, there a dime a dozen at that power level, and have been doing it for a long time. Yes everything has to be top notch. All you need is a competent tuner and a quality shop turning the wrenches.

Above 650 I would say do the valvetrain. Other than that your good up to 800 past that and yes I would say your playing with fire. There a few people driving( I mean literally two or three) that I know of, producing around 900 or just over. they are not garage queens and have been for driven hard for over a year now. Not saying that your good at 900 but I am saying the LS3 takes a pounding. .

Of course you need to upgrade your drivetrain. Hell a stock m6 can break the half shafts at the track easy. The rear end is not known for holding up to 600whp either. Now compare a turbo application to supercharger. Turbo car is much easier on the drive line components. Its not uncommon to have a stock drive line at 750whp with turbos. Head out to the track and bet you will loose the clutch, especially if your launching hard.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Default Agree to disagree

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
It's not playing with fire...... Head over to C5 and a few corvette forums, there a dime a dozen at that power level, and have been doing it for a long time. Yes everything has to be top notch. All you need is a competent tuner and a quality shop turning the wrenches.

Above 650 I would say do the valvetrain. Other than that your good up to 800 past that and yes I would say your playing with fire. There a few people driving( I mean literally two or three) that I know of, producing around 900 or just over. they are not garage queens and have been for driven hard for over a year now. Not saying that your good at 900 but I am saying the LS3 takes a pounding. .

Of course you need to upgrade your drivetrain. Hell a stock m6 can break the half shafts at the track easy. The rear end is not known for holding up to 600whp either. Now compare a turbo application to supercharger. Turbo car is much easier on the drive line components. Its not uncommon to have a stock drive line at 750whp with turbos. Head out to the track and bet you will loose the clutch, especially if your launching hard.
Op I am sure u will decide based on reasesrch but I say u will find many guys have made the very expensive mistake of trying to squeeze power out of the ls3. North of 650 u will find many failures but there is always a case for both sides of it just proceed with care

Quick Reply: Anyone running the Hellion kit ... Come on in