Go Back   LS1TECH > Gen 5 Camaro 2010+ Forum > Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

Getting the hang of the clutch slip

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
11 Second Club
 
glennster's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 800
Default Getting the hang of the clutch slip

Well, finally got out to some great 45 degree weather and abused the clutch out of the hole a few times. Ran a 13.00@110.87, a 13.86@111.12 and then this with a bone stock '11 SS on the stock Pzero's at 30 pounds. Left lane, car # 913Z
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
2011 Black Camaro 1SS M6 12.75@110.91 bone stock
Now: Dynatech LT's/Roto-Fab/Pulley/Jannetty canned tune 12.62@113.3
1993 Reef Blue 5.0 Mustang Coupe 12.86@107
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT Made the kessel run in 12 parsecs
glennster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
10 Second Club
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: columbus, ga
Posts: 195
Default

45* weather I wish I had that

Anyway not bad time. I hated the Pzero's on my car. But found they did hook better the hotter I got them. I managed a 1.9X 60ft out them. But also seen people get high 1.7's.
__________________


2015 Road Glide Amber Whiskey;
; 2014 Harley Street Bob FXDBP Gone; 2010 C6 M6 512whp-Gone; 2012 5.0 A6 713whp-Gone; 2011 5.0 464whp-Gone, 09 G8 517whp Gone
ohioborn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
11 Second Club
 
glennster's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioborn80 View Post
45* weather I wish I had that

Anyway not bad time. I hated the Pzero's on my car. But found they did hook better the hotter I got them. I managed a 1.9X 60ft out them. But also seen people get high 1.7's.
Thanks. The tires actually work good after a decent burn out. I think a little more RPM and I can get some 1.9X and maybe a low 12.6 or high 50. Sucks that I have to go thru in 3rd and hit the limiter a car length before the stripe. The nose drops hard but probably doesn't hurt the ET any.
__________________
2011 Black Camaro 1SS M6 12.75@110.91 bone stock
Now: Dynatech LT's/Roto-Fab/Pulley/Jannetty canned tune 12.62@113.3
1993 Reef Blue 5.0 Mustang Coupe 12.86@107
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT Made the kessel run in 12 parsecs
glennster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
10 Second Club
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: columbus, ga
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennster View Post
Thanks. The tires actually work good after a decent burn out. I think a little more RPM and I can get some 1.9X and maybe a low 12.6 or high 50. Sucks that I have to go thru in 3rd and hit the limiter a car length before the stripe. The nose drops hard but probably doesn't hurt the ET any.
I know what you mean. After some unpleasing runs on stock tires we bolted up 26" slicks to my car. ONly thing done to it. And after some driving lessons from some buddies. Hadn't driven a manual in 4 years. LOL..anyway I was going threw the traps in 5th gear. Right at the last 60-80ft of the track. 5th is great on the street as it is 1:1 gear but sucks when are at the bottom of the powerband.
__________________


2015 Road Glide Amber Whiskey;
; 2014 Harley Street Bob FXDBP Gone; 2010 C6 M6 512whp-Gone; 2012 5.0 A6 713whp-Gone; 2011 5.0 464whp-Gone, 09 G8 517whp Gone
ohioborn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
TECH Resident
 
Dark SS's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Default

I was at the track today and managed my best 60' ever on a Pirelli, a 1.90. I also witnessed the almighty 5.0 with an intake, exhaust and tune have a hard time breaking 13's. It's hilarious how over rated those ugly *** cars are.
__________________

2000 Trans Am LS1/4L60 SLP lid, LS6, TSP headers/ory, borlamouth (13.05@107)
2007 Corvette LS2 A6 438 RWHP L92 heads, GT-11, SS 3600 (11.002@124)-Sold
2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6 423 RWHP Full Bolt-on (12.44@112)-Sold
Dark SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
10 Second Club
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: columbus, ga
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark SS View Post
I was at the track today and managed my best 60' ever on a Pirelli, a 1.90. I also witnessed the almighty 5.0 with an intake, exhaust and tune have a hard time breaking 13's. It's hilarious how over rated those ugly *** cars are.
Overrated only by you. Yet they have been posting faster times then you have with teh same mods. Take your slow **** out of here.
__________________


2015 Road Glide Amber Whiskey;
; 2014 Harley Street Bob FXDBP Gone; 2010 C6 M6 512whp-Gone; 2012 5.0 A6 713whp-Gone; 2011 5.0 464whp-Gone, 09 G8 517whp Gone
ohioborn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
11 Second Club
 
glennster's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 800
Default

From a realistic point of view the mustang is maybe a tick faster and responds to mods better because of weight and a solid axle. My good friend has had many a 10 second vortec fox and can drive, his '11 5.0 went 12.85 in florida and with very few mods 11.66@118. I had an 08 bullitt that was a pig and only mustered a 13.7@104. I looked hard at a 5.0 cause I really like them, I got a camaro cause I like it better, end of story.
__________________
2011 Black Camaro 1SS M6 12.75@110.91 bone stock
Now: Dynatech LT's/Roto-Fab/Pulley/Jannetty canned tune 12.62@113.3
1993 Reef Blue 5.0 Mustang Coupe 12.86@107
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT Made the kessel run in 12 parsecs
glennster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
10 Second Club
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 2
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: columbus, ga
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennster View Post
From a realistic point of view the mustang is maybe a tick faster and responds to mods better because of weight and a solid axle. My good friend has had many a 10 second vortec fox and can drive, his '11 5.0 went 12.85 in florida and with very few mods 11.66@118. I had an 08 bullitt that was a pig and only mustered a 13.7@104. I looked hard at a 5.0 cause I really like them, I got a camaro cause I like it better, end of story.
Every one chooses for a reason. For me the weight was the biggest thing that pushed me to the 5.0. To many 5th Gens make 500-600whp not running what they should at that power level. Yet the 5.0 is running faster then the C/H/I SS's.
__________________


2015 Road Glide Amber Whiskey;
; 2014 Harley Street Bob FXDBP Gone; 2010 C6 M6 512whp-Gone; 2012 5.0 A6 713whp-Gone; 2011 5.0 464whp-Gone, 09 G8 517whp Gone
ohioborn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
TECH Resident
 
Dark SS's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioborn80 View Post
Overrated only by you. Yet they have been posting faster times then you have with teh same mods. Take your slow **** out of here.
No, I know they're garbage and only run the number in videos with perfect conditions. I can't wait to see you run. I'll bet you run a low 12 just like me unless you get your blower. Then maybe a high 10. Either way you screwed.
__________________

2000 Trans Am LS1/4L60 SLP lid, LS6, TSP headers/ory, borlamouth (13.05@107)
2007 Corvette LS2 A6 438 RWHP L92 heads, GT-11, SS 3600 (11.002@124)-Sold
2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6 423 RWHP Full Bolt-on (12.44@112)-Sold
Dark SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
11 Second Club
 
glennster's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioborn80 View Post
Every one chooses for a reason. For me the weight was the biggest thing that pushed me to the 5.0. To many 5th Gens make 500-600whp not running what they should at that power level. Yet the 5.0 is running faster then the C/H/I SS's.
Interesting. I sure the hell didn't choose camaro for the weight difference or that guys can't drive them fast, that would be moronic. Every post you make is a dig on camaro's, you just go on jumping in these threads about the almighty 5.0, you are just the typical one up, know it all assh@le.
__________________
2011 Black Camaro 1SS M6 12.75@110.91 bone stock
Now: Dynatech LT's/Roto-Fab/Pulley/Jannetty canned tune 12.62@113.3
1993 Reef Blue 5.0 Mustang Coupe 12.86@107
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT Made the kessel run in 12 parsecs
glennster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply


Tags
2010, 2011, camaro, camaros, clutch, doesent, gen, hole, janmetty, ls1, m6, slip, slipping, ss, striping, tech, tune


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Join Ls1Tech

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details