Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

Help! Traction control or computer holding Camaro back on launch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Traction control or computer holding Camaro back on launch?

Hey guys,
I've got a buddy with a 2010 Camaro w/ heads cam etc and long story short at the dragstrip no matter what he does, the car will roll out from the launch about 2' and then fall on its face and its a 6 speed! He has left the line at 2000-5000 rpms drops the clutch and as soon as it starts to spin its like the computer takes all the power away and we can't figure it out. He's got a friend with HP tuner to look at the tune etc and it all looks good with nothing weird going on.
And the newest problem is when he uses the line lock to do a burnout the computer gets all pissy and locks him out so you can't mess with the traction control or shut it off etc. He has to go back to the pits and let it set for 10 mins. then magically it starts to let him change things again but either way its really starting to bum him out........ Please help, surely he's not the only person that's had launching issues?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Teching In

I've had the exact same problem with my fifth gen. Reduced power issues. I would reset the battery and it would run fine for a while, or have the diagnostics cleared. I pulled the motor and discovered I lost a cylinder due to a bad tune. Trust me I was furious. The performance shop I use can't remove the traction control either. I have to replace a piston now! Most likely he's got an internal issue and I would not keep putting it on the track that way. That reduced power mode is a safety feature and it's doing its job. Have it looked at!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Hmm interesting, my buddy is a GM Tech so he knows how to do about anything on it but the weird thing is, he removed the ABS fuse the other night and it fixed all the launching issues. I'll have him do a leak down on it just to make sure of the internals though.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:24 AM

Default Same situation happened to me

Originally Posted by Ksths2
Hey guys,
I've got a buddy with a 2010 Camaro w/ heads cam etc and long story short at the dragstrip no matter what he does, the car will roll out from the launch about 2' and then fall on its face and its a 6 speed! He has left the line at 2000-5000 rpms drops the clutch and as soon as it starts to spin its like the computer takes all the power away and we can't figure it out. He's got a friend with HP tuner to look at the tune etc and it all looks good with nothing weird going on.
And the newest problem is when he uses the line lock to do a burnout the computer gets all pissy and locks him out so you can't mess with the traction control or shut it off etc. He has to go back to the pits and let it set for 10 mins. then magically it starts to let him change things again but either way its really starting to bum him out........ Please help, surely he's not the only person that's had launching issues?
Did you figure out what was causing it. I've tried 3000-5000 still same senerio car pulls out hard then falls on it's face
Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

Actually no, there is still something holding the car back. He put a D1SC pro charger on it and with the current small cam it was 530rwhp and the best it's ever ran in the 1/8th is 7.8's I know he's super sick of it

Quick Reply: Help! Traction control or computer holding Camaro back on launch?