Gen 5 Camaro Special Edition Vehicles ZL1 | Z28 | 1LE

New ZL1 owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New ZL1 owner

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2014 ZL1 after my '02 SS was stolen :/. I got a good deal on this new car, but it did come with some flaws. Im not sure if the is the place to ask these questions, but how much would you expect to pay for replacement rear seat (cigarette burn from previous owner). Also, the window on the passenger side doesnt sit flush when you close the door or it rattles when you close it as well; what could that possibly cost to fix? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Those are things I would have requested that the dealer fix before I take ownership of the car (assuming you bought it from a dealer). If possible I would bring those issues to their attention and see if they can do anything for you. If they decline then try googling the part to find the price. Can't tell you how much the window problem would cost without seeing it... Door panel would have to be removed to inspect and see what's causing it. Cost will vary from place to place.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

enjoy it but yes i wouldve had that stuff repaired before purchase or wouldve looked elsewhere.

my friend found friend a small ding on my 1le and the dealer put it in writing to take care of it.

i missed out on a killer deal on a new zl1 a couple weeks ago and it still hurts lol.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
enjoy it but yes i wouldve had that stuff repaired before purchase or wouldve looked elsewhere.

my friend found friend a small ding on my 1le and the dealer put it in writing to take care of it.

i missed out on a killer deal on a new zl1 a couple weeks ago and it still hurts lol.
Same thing happened to me lol ridiculous deal but I was just a day late on it... Searched and searched and couldn't find another ZL1 for even close to the same price. However I still love my 1LE to death.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Teching In

These are awesome cars man, enjoy. Good luck with the fixes.

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS

You're up in NJ, did that ZL1 happen to be blue?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

For something like this I would check out car-part.com and that is a website that deals with salvage companies in your area and further. Find a clean one with a good rating call them up and pay over the phone and they can ship it out to you

Quick Reply: New ZL1 owner