Gen 5 Camaro Special Edition Vehicles ZL1 | Z28 | 1LE

i dont know who is worse here

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default i dont know who is worse here

GM or 3M.

i dropped my 1LE off for some minor things last friday. one of them being that the material on my hood ill say has some slight imperfections.

a service adviser called me shortly after saying the tech took and pic and sent it to GM i guess. i heard back that 3M does the work on these hoods and it denying the claim saying its normal wear and tear. im thinking holy **** what kind of answer is this.

the dealer has informed me they went to their boss and a regional warranty rep and still nothing.

now of course ill try to get more info when i pick my car up tomorrow. i miss it big time after driving a pig tahoe for a week lol.

but has anyone else dealt with this or have any info on how to get this addressed?

yes,of course ill be calling GM and explain nicely how disappointed i am.

dont be fooled. GM is still pulling the same pass the buck BS that put them under and this is why theyll never imo be a great automaker again.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

well,after talking with a serv. mngr. at my purchasing dealer it appears theres a miscommunication and my claim was processed incorrectly and theyll be getting back to me.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work for a large dealership chain as a service writer, so let me give some insight. When it comes to manufacturer warranties, a lot of the trouble lies at the dealership level. Some dealers are lazy and hate having to jump through hoops to get reimbursed for warranty work. Others are greedy and would rather try and stiff you the customer into paying for the repairs at their retail hourly rate as opposed to the lower rate the manufacturer pays on warranty work.

Beyond that though, everyone seems to hate corrosion and paint warranty claims, probably because it's so damn expensive to fix and easy to blame on "wear and tear" or "abuse". They will often try and delay approving the repair in hopes you lose interest in getting the car fixed and go away.

My best advice is raise hell over it. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease and they ain't kidding. Bug not only service, but also the sales guy and mgr that sold you the car. That said some dealers are stone cold scum bags and will still leave you out in the cold. I'm fortunate to work for a decent outfit that focuses on keeping customers coming back.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

i spoke to the sales mngr who brought it to the attention of the ***. serv. adv. who was there that day and he definitely agreed it needed to be taken care of under warranty so i should be hearing from them soon.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i spoke to the sales mngr who brought it to the attention of the ***. serv. adv. who was there that day and he definitely agreed it needed to be taken care of under warranty so i should be hearing from them soon.
I hope they take care of you man. Getting someone to actually take ownership of the problem is a good step.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

still waiting waitingggggggggg lol.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

i had to get CCS involved. this dealer is pissing me off lol.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

im going to try another dealer. besides it taking me three months to get my money back on an add on i cancelled theyre dicking around on this claim.

ill say this. ill never buy another car from them. i love my 1le but i hate dealers lol.

Quick Reply: i dont know who is worse here