new bmr bushings and arms...vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bmr bushings and arms...vibration?

just installed new bmr subframe bushings, control arms bushs, diff bushings, toe rods, trailing arms and new dss one piece drive shaft and axles....experiencing a fair amount of vibration and noise. i assume this is normal? i think the exhaust may be touching too somewhere after reinstallation which might be contributing.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Doesn't sound quite right to me. A little added noise maybe from the solid subframe bushings but the vibration shouldn't be there.

Bryan
Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Diff bushings will add some sound and I've read were some of the 1 piece drive shafts vibrate.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Bo, elaborate...
Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

tyler at jdp told me the vibration issue hasnt been around for quite some time. i seen a couple year old post that shows a line on the driveshaft that needs yo be lined up with a paint marker line on the diff or tranny end tho. and if the axles are super tight and dont have 1/4" of play then the cv's need adjusting. not sure how to adjust axles. someone said d/s could be a little short on the early camaros but im sure my installer would have noticed
Old 04-09-2014, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

IC....cool. Didn't know about that.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by forklord
just installed new bmr subframe bushings, control arms bushs, diff bushings, toe rods, trailing arms and new dss one piece drive shaft and axles....experiencing a fair amount of vibration and noise. i assume this is normal? i think the exhaust may be touching too somewhere after reinstallation which might be contributing.
With the BMR parts you added you should notice very little additional noise over the factory stuff. Did you get our parts with the poly bushings or the rod ends and which differential bushings did you go with? Sometimes changing over to the stiffer differential bushings will transfer more of the rear end noise but it just really depends on how the gears and everything were set up at GM.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
With the BMR parts you added you should notice very little additional noise over the factory stuff. Did you get our parts with the poly bushings or the rod ends and which differential bushings did you go with? Sometimes changing over to the stiffer differential bushings will transfer more of the rear end noise but it just really depends on how the gears and everything were set up at GM.
I got the total pro bushing kit. all the rear stuff installed plus toe rods and trailing arms. none of the front stuff or rear sway bar installed yet. we couldnt tell where one bushing went. we assumed it must be for the rear UCA so we put it in. seemed to fit but a little short. you really should group the bushings together and label them in the total kits. what a PITA lol. i heard it could certainly be the diff bushings and subframe bushings combined with the driveshaft since it doesnt have the rubber coulpers on it anymore. heading to a speed shop to get the clutch in and dyno done. see what they say next week!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by forklord
I got the total pro bushing kit. all the rear stuff installed plus toe rods and trailing arms. none of the front stuff or rear sway bar installed yet. we couldnt tell where one bushing went. we assumed it must be for the rear UCA so we put it in. seemed to fit but a little short. you really should group the bushings together and label them in the total kits. what a PITA lol. i heard it could certainly be the diff bushings and subframe bushings combined with the driveshaft since it doesnt have the rubber coulpers on it anymore. heading to a speed shop to get the clutch in and dyno done. see what they say next week!
Did you get our trailing arms and toe rods with the poly bushings or the spherical rod ends? The differential bushings could be a culprit but they really only transfer the gear noise more into the chassis not just add vibrations. The "pro" rear cradle bushings are a softer durometer polyurethane so you should really only notice a very minimal increase in NVH if any at all. Cradle bushings, no matter what material they are made of generally add very little NVH which is why so many guys run the solid rear cradle bushings (aluminum or delrin).

I have been yelling at my assembly guys for a long time about how they box those up so I definitely apologize about that.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: new bmr bushings and arms...vibration?