Trailing arms and bushings enough to kill wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailing arms and bushings enough to kill wheel hop?

What's up guys? Current car is a 2010 ss with a m6. Only mod for now is a pypes pipe bomb axle back. So far I'm loving the car. My only complaint is the wheel hop.
I ran at Sacramento a couple weeks ago. My best run was 13.1 at 113 with a 2.2 60' tapping the limiter right before the end of the run. I was using the launch control. I tried one with it off and bogged then spun. I need more practice with it.
But I want to get rid of the wheel hop before my next trip. I'm looking into non adjustable trailing arms with the outer bushings. I'm guessing the non adjustable should be good since I don't plan on lowering the car.
I know this has been covered but I'm more curious about the adjustable be non adjustable versions. What's everyone's opinions?
Old 11-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Teching In

I would like adjustable. I just don't know if it would benefit me.
I have a 98 z28 stalled auto that I have fully adjustable suspension on so I have experience with strait axle but never played with irs. My best 60 in that is a 1.7 on toyo dr's with a tired stock ls
Old 11-17-2015, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Being that you have a manual transmission in the car it will probably take more than trailing arms and outer trailing arm bushings. The first thing I would recommend is getting some decent drag radials as they will help out substantially. Once you get the better tires and team them up with trailing arms/ bushings it should take care of most of the wheel hop. As the car makes more power it gets harder and harder to control wheel hop.

Getting the suspension to work on your 2010 Camaro is much harder than it was on your 98 Camaro. The IRS can be a bear to work with when it comes to drag racing.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Teching In

I've always heard how much harder irs is to play with. I'll eventually get some drag radials. But this is my daily driver. I'm planning to eventually do full exhaust a varam intake and a tune. As well as suspension. Maybe a couple years down the road I'll get a mild street cam. I would be happy running low 12's or maybe high 11's. I don't want to strip it for drag only.
I'll try the trailing arms and bushings for now. I just don't want to break anything from the wheel hop.
Thanks for the advice
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pk222
I've always heard how much harder irs is to play with. I'll eventually get some drag radials. But this is my daily driver. I'm planning to eventually do full exhaust a varam intake and a tune. As well as suspension. Maybe a couple years down the road I'll get a mild street cam. I would be happy running low 12's or maybe high 11's. I don't want to strip it for drag only.
I'll try the trailing arms and bushings for now. I just don't want to break anything from the wheel hop.
Thanks for the advice
You definitely want to keep that wheel hop in check which can be hard to do depending on certain variables. You will definitely notice that it will be much better with the trailing arms and outer trailing arm bushings so that is a very good place to start.

Not a problem, if there is anything else we can help you out with just let us know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Replace those Cradle Bushings too!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Teching In

I'm gonna order within the next couple days. But I'm gonna call about the cradle bushings. I'm a little confused on the difference between your kits. I'm looking at either a pro or street kit but other than insert or full bushing I don't see the difference in some of the kits that are priced the same.

Quick Reply: Trailing arms and bushings enough to kill wheel hop?