Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Is there a rev limiter parameter for when the brake is depressed (2010 Camaro)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a rev limiter parameter for when the brake is depressed (2010 Camaro)?

Is there a rev limiter parameter for when the brake is depressed (2010 Camaro)?

I know it's a strange question, but if there is/was a rev limiter parameter for when the prake is depressed in the 2010 camaro's computer or any car's computer for that matter it could be set just below the RPMs that the torque converter engauges that way one could hold it to the floor and hold the brake and when the light turns green just take your foot off the brake and whá lá a good launch off the line!

Or is could be used as a brake stand protection measure. That way noboby could beat on the car !

So, Is there a rev limiter parameter for when the brake is depressed (2010 Camaro)? Anyone know, or know a work around ??
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

have u tried it?? what happens when u powerbrake the car? does it not let u??
Old 05-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by someday
have u tried it?? what happens when u powerbrake the car? does it not let u??
No it lets you. I see videos on you2b of people smoking them up a lot. The only way you can do that is by holding the brake aka brake stand. The car will spin the tires plenty if you punch it without help from the brakes but it will take off so I'm not saying the only way the car can light them up is by a brake stand. Personally I don't like brake stands. I like to see a car take off. If it leaves 50 feet of rubber that's great !

I found the rev limiter for each gear including neutral and park. There are also rev limiters by oil & coolant temps. So is there one for depressing the brake that I missed? It's a cool idea isn't it ? Just say you have a 3000 rpm stall converter you could set the rev limiter to 2500 and when the light turn green just release the brake !! 900-1000 RPMs for the stock converter. A good launch every time ! Or like I said it could be used to limit abuse also by not allowing a brake stand.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your saying the A6 has launch control like the M6 ? Torque management is what stop u from beating on the car.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
So your saying the A6 has launch control like the M6 ? Torque management is what stop u from beating on the car.
No , I'm not saying that. I have a new, or kind of new idea, I'm talking about. I doubt it is part of the car already.

Just say you have a 3000 rpm stall converter and you could set the rev limiter to 2500 when the brake is depressed if the parameter were in the computer, apply the accelerator & brake, and when the light turns green just release the brake !! 900-1000 RPMs for the stock converter. A good launch every time ! Without heating up the converter too much. Or like I said it could be used to limit abuse also by not allowing a brake stand.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you want a auto launch control is what yur saying. you can do that with a 2 step rev limiter
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tainted
you want a auto launch control is what yur saying. you can do that with a 2 step rev limiter
Tell me about this thing
Old 05-07-2010, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee
Tell me about this thing
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

Will not work well with cats...
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee
Tell me about this thing

MSD makes a nice unit also. but the lingenfelter in simple plug and play. lots of auto people use them for turbo cars and such as well. great little devices for jsut about anything nitrous included
Old 05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought all GM vehicles with drive by wire had this feature. My Envoy and my brothers Colorado will not allow you to hold the brake and apply throttle at the same time. This is a safety feature to prevent them from running off like a camry. If you press on the brake it limits the engine to a preset rpm, but I don't know if it's able to be altered in the tune.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
I thought all GM vehicles with drive by wire had this feature. My Envoy and my brothers Colorado will not allow you to hold the brake and apply throttle at the same time. This is a safety feature to prevent them from running off like a camry. If you press on the brake it limits the engine to a preset rpm, but I don't know if it's able to be altered in the tune.
Before I installed the lineloc, I did my burnouts with my foot on the brake and the other on the gas. If I didn't watch the tach, I could run it right into the rev limiter at 6400.

Quick Reply: Is there a rev limiter parameter for when the brake is depressed (2010 Camaro)?