Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

blown fuse issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default blown fuse issue

I am working on a 2010 Camaro 2SS 6spd trans, 49k miles. Has intake pipe and filter only. I am experiencing an issue that I am having difficulty in fixing.

Current issue is that the #13 fuse in the rear fuse box, right hand side of trunk behind interior paneling, keeps blowing. Fuse is for the engine control module/battery. The only diagram I see for this, after a couple hours searching, is one I can barely make out, see attached.

Conditions/history of vehicle so far:
Car came in for PDI, did basic repairs; oil change, tires, Front brakes, and painted calipers. After that was completed car developed passenger seat weight sensor code. $700 later, new seat sensor installed. Car is done and sent to detail. No issues while there, and is driven back to store when completed. That evening, sales went to move vehicle and would not start. (power on interior, turn switch to start and all power is lost with no starter engagement. Similar to faulty clutch pedal switch) Now at this point the service stabilitrack and service park assist comes on the info screen, vehicle will not start. Traced issue back to PCM not turning on completely, #5 underhood fuse (3rd PCM/ECU fuse) has not power (not blown) but other 2 do. Check interior dash fuse box and all is well there, Check main battery circuit breaker fuse on battery terminal and is good as well. Checked trunk fuse box and found #13 blown, replaced and blew again. No aftermarket electrical items appear to have been installed.

GM states no open recalls (heard of one dealing with starter to battery cable).

Any ideas?

Quick Reply: blown fuse issue