Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Jannetty racing - more of the same garbage

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jannetty racing - more of the same garbage

http://jannettyracingenterprises.weebly.com/
Old 09-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I can honestly understand your frustration, but this guy has a ton of satisfied customers. While I don't know the whole story, and frankly don't really need to, or care to hear it. You cant please everybody.

Going on the warpath to slam someone is a little different than I would handle it....Yea I've heard some negative things about him...and yea I think C5 favors him a little....but truth be told....he gets repeat customers and new ones daily. he must be doing something correct.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Teching In

People make bad choices everyday. Just because someone has been in business for a long time does not make them reputable. As for C5... They delete almost every negative post abt JRE...so the "truth" is never really known.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
Going on the warpath to slam someone is a little different than I would handle it....Yea I've heard some negative things about him...and yea I think C5 favors him a little....but truth be told....he gets repeat customers and new ones daily. he must be doing something correct.
No, if you have an agreement with someone and pay them to fulfill that agreement, and the work is sub-par, I think its a responsibility to go on a warpath and bad mouth them, especially if they do nothing to try and make it right. Ive seen a couple shops lately getting too big for their britches and they are letting quality get over taken by quantity. That will sink a shop faster than anything. I dont care if its $500 project or a $20,000 project. All work should be treated equal at a shop and attention to detail should not be compromised. Main reason I do all my own work. I dont trust anyone.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Janetty is a mediocre "tuner" and Will never be recognized by the tuner community.
C5 is pretty much a vette forum with middle class people. Same level of ignorance. Slightly less money
Old 12-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Ive talked to three tuners that are pretty well known, here on LS1tech and C5 and none of them have good things to say about him. Like nothing. I wont mention their names, none of the three would probably mind, its just not my place. At first I edited a posting about this subject because I thought my comments would get deleted or I would get banned.

Hell I didnt know.....

Especially after being on C5, but now that I realize that I'm not gunna get banned for saying the truth I am happy I said it. He reminds me of a guy I used to work for, and he was a con-artist, plain and simple.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Wow! That's movin!
Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

He didn't rub me the right way either along with another tuner on C5. In fact both tuners are part of the reason I'm spending more time over here (along with other C5 issues). Also over here more now to learn HPTuners tricks for the 5th gen Camaro.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

They worship this guy over on C5. C5 is a joke of a forum anyways though.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

I know this thread is a few years old...but I was just wondering if anything has improved with Jannetty??

I do the mod work myself but once the mechanical work is done I have no way to drive or start the car as I do not have HP tuners or know anything about tuning with it.. Can someone recommend a GOOD tuner that can remote tune once I have everything ready to go?

What do you guys do when doing work yourself?? How do you get it running and driving...There are shops I can go to for a dyno tune, but how would I get it there?

Disclaimer- I had no idea Camaro5 was so political..Who else on that forum is protected by big brother, thats not good to deal with???

Last edited by ajensen383; 04-14-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Where do you live? I highly recommend staying away from JRE as much as you can. He runs SCT to tune and hates tuning with HPTuners. My biggest advise is get a local HP Tuner shop that uses that or buy yourself the software and you be in control on fine tuning it. I have 3 of my personal toys remote tuned that have ran very well.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 534 Likes on 382 Posts

It's a shop in Memphis that has picky shitty service if you not spending a fortune with them..... so this happens everywhere I see which is sad.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Where do you live? I highly recommend staying away from JRE as much as you can. He runs SCT to tune and hates tuning with HPTuners. My biggest advise is get a local HP Tuner shop that uses that or buy yourself the software and you be in control on fine tuning it. I have 3 of my personal toys remote tuned that have ran very well.
Im in Northeast PA...not too much around here for late model tuning...There is one shop that started a year ago or so, and has been doing quite a bit of late model LS stuff that runs well, and he uses HPtuners, but he knows that since he just started into it, there is a lot he doesn't fully know to tune 1000%...

Did you have a bad personal experience with jannetty??...Who else on C5 is a scam?
Old 05-14-2018, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

JRE uses HPtuners all the time. He recommended that software(which I have owned for several years) for remote tuning. I am not plugging for JRE either...just reporting my experience after having a lengthy discussion with him over the phone and getting a quote for a Magnuson supercharger setup.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Default Junk tune

I had mail order tune for my 2010 Camaro SS from Jannetty Racing. Took all of 8 minutes for him to complete (copy and paste tune) the first tune and email it back several hours later. I can see when and where changes are made in the hp Tuner software with the time. 9 tune adjustments later, and new MAF sensor, and ted completely stopped answering my questions and concerns via email. Even when I told him my car was acting all janky when I drive. I have just simple bolt on headers, intake and X pipe with muffler delete, and resonator delete. Very disappointed with the customer support. Not very user friendly service. If you tell me that and I quote "" Hello Joe, Email me at tedj@jannettyracing.com with your stock tune file, all your info, car info, mod list, octane burned, Trans tuning is global which means it affect all modes and you will love it. you can also call 203-753-7223""
I feel like my tune is spotty at best, and as far as loving it... Not even close. Now I have to shell out 550 dollars, and get a Dyno tune, witch is what I should have done to begin with. Live and learn. Thanks for my under powered, intermittent, and spotty shifting Camaro. If anyone can recommend a good Dyno tune in Houston Texas area that would be great.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Papajoemoney
I had mail order tune for my 2010 Camaro SS from Jannetty Racing. Took all of 8 minutes for him to complete (copy and paste tune) the first tune and email it back several hours later. I can see when and where changes are made in the hp Tuner software with the time. 9 tune adjustments later, and new MAF sensor, and ted completely stopped answering my questions and concerns via email. Even when I told him my car was acting all janky when I drive. I have just simple bolt on headers, intake and X pipe with muffler delete, and resonator delete. Very disappointed with the customer support. Not very user friendly service. If you tell me that and I quote "" Hello Joe, Email me at tedj@jannettyracing.com with your stock tune file, all your info, car info, mod list, octane burned, Trans tuning is global which means it affect all modes and you will love it. you can also call 203-753-7223""
I feel like my tune is spotty at best, and as far as loving it... Not even close. Now I have to shell out 550 dollars, and get a Dyno tune, witch is what I should have done to begin with. Live and learn. Thanks for my under powered, intermittent, and spotty shifting Camaro. If anyone can recommend a good Dyno tune in Houston Texas area that would be great.
Can you describe "acting all janky"? I might be able to help. I just finished tuning my bolt-on Camaro (well not really finished...)
Old 10-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS
Can you describe "acting all janky"? I might be able to help. I just finished tuning my bolt-on Camaro (well not really finished...)

Fuel trims go all over the place and car response to throttle is lagging and or late. What's going on with the trims. New maf sensor and no vacuum leaks.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
18-10-11 15-13-45.hpl (2.92 MB, 93 views)
Old 10-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Fuel trims go all over the place and car response to throttle is lagging and or late. What's going on with the trims. New maf sensor and no vacuum leaks.
I'll have to take a look when I get home, but what mods have you done?

Edit: feel free to pm me as well
Old 10-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Teching In

• MISHIMOTO Performance Aluminum Radiator MODEL# MMRAD-CSS-10
  • MISHIMOTO 169°F Thermostat MODEL# MMTS-VET-05
  • K&N 71-4519 Air Intake
  • Stock resonator delete
  • Stock muffler deleted (no mufflers)
  • Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust pipe
  • KOOKS CAMARO SS & ZL1 1-7/8" LONG TUBE HEADERS & HIGH-FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER CONNECTION PIPES -- KIT #2250H420

Old 10-23-2018, 01:31 PM
Launching!

• MISHIMOTO Performance Aluminum Radiator MODEL# MMRAD-CSS-10
  • MISHIMOTO 169°F Thermostat MODEL# MMTS-VET-05
  • K&N 71-4519 Air Intake
  • Stock resonator delete
  • Stock muffler deleted (no mufflers)
  • Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust pipe
  • KOOKS CAMARO SS & ZL1 1-7/8" LONG TUBE HEADERS & HIGH-FLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER CONNECTION PIPES -- KIT #2250H420

could you send me your tune? from the log you posted your idle trims aren't bad once they settle into CL. but before that they are pretty lean... I'll need a more encompassing log though, one where you are experiencing the herky-jerky driving you describe. the fuel trims that were recorded are very lean though before it hits CL.

very sorry its taken me a few days to get back to you but if you shoot me the tune and a log of driving around normally i'll be able to better see whats going on. your mods should be very easy to tune, but drive-ability is where most mail-order tuners fail. i ended up needing an airflow straightener to be able to tune my part-throttle cruising so i'm thinking this is a similar situation. my car now drives smoother than stock lol

Quick Reply: Jannetty racing - more of the same garbage