Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Saw my first 2010 today

Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw my first 2010 today

So i was driving by some mall parking lot and there she was looking pretty beasty between two cars. It really made its impression felt lol. Now that i actually have seen one on the street i think i like them even more, it was a yellow RS pretty sweet. What about your guys first impressions of a 2010 on the street??
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like them and everything but all the new cars these days are so plastic and cheap looking with orange peel paint and mettallic silver "toy car" wheels. Doenst matter what new car comes out they all have this toy look and terrible fit and finish. For 40k I would be driving a high hp frame off resto or pro touring muscle car that actually had some value and more than likely be deep into the tens if it was built right. This new camaro is nice to have on the market but its a market car, not a car for the in the know car culture. Whoever gets one is making their own decision and spending their own money and that is fine but this car is just another profit builder for the GM vacuum, not a true musclecar or hotrod. We as buyers are responsable for taking the blank canvases and making them true artworks, as always its up to us to make our car worth looking at after we pay the initial price.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1logote
I like them and everything but all the new cars these days are so plastic and cheap looking with orange peel paint and mettallic silver "toy car" wheels. Doenst matter what new car comes out they all have this toy look and terrible fit and finish. For 40k I would be driving a high hp frame off resto or pro touring muscle car that actually had some value and more than likely be deep into the tens if it was built right. This new camaro is nice to have on the market but its a market car, not a car for the in the know car culture. Whoever gets one is making their own decision and spending their own money and that is fine but this car is just another profit builder for the GM vacuum, not a true musclecar or hotrod. We as buyers are responsable for taking the blank canvases and making them true artworks, as always its up to us to make our car worth looking at after we pay the initial price.
Says the guy with a slammed pickup, talking about toy look

Fit and finish on the 5th gen is so much better than the 4th gen, it isn't even funny
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Yea i understand what you mean about the toy look, i can see that for sure in alot of the brand new cars. One thing im completely against is the 20's all around thats absolutely ridiculo....I still would take my car over the new one looks wise
Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw mine today also! 5/22/2009

I was the first to talk to him about it i was depositing my check into my bank and off in the distance i see this HUGE black sports car with white squares all over the front of it . . .it got closer and by this time the lady was asking"cash or deposit sir?" i replied with "Holy **** its a SS". lol she says "excuse me" lol!

so it pulled into my bank and i was the first one to meet him and talk about it with him
guess he was giving the title to the bank. the exahust was burning the plastic off of it.
IT WAS AWESOM!!!!!

I live in Savannah,TN btw . . . .we dont get much cool **** like that down here.

would have taken a picture .. . . left phone at hokme to charge.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 AM
Teching In

haha awesome
Old 05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Saw my first one 05/09 on the road in Georgia (on the way to Florida) after being stuck in Traffic on I-95 for 2 hours after 4 police cars passed me chasing a bike and crashed into each other. The Camaro (Black) was on the other side stuck in traffic as we were finally making our way through. I love everything about the car except the price. lol
Old 05-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have seen two so far at the same intersection (different days).
Old 05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

drove my 2SS for the first time today, the car is awesome!

it accelerates/brakes/handles 100x better than a stock 4th gen
Old 05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

I stopped by the local stealership to see one the other day. It was an SS and looking sweet. It does seem a bit "pudgy", but it is way sweeter in person than in pictures. I hate about half of the pictures I had seen of the rear of the camaro - some make it look tall and narrow in the rear. In person it seems alot lower and wider. I was really digging it. Hell my wife even loved it and that's not usually her thing.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw my first '10 Camaro in person on Saturday. It cruised past me, going the opposite way that I was going. It was a yellow RS/SS, looked awesome.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i saw v6 at a dealer last week. i checked it out quickly but its overall build quality was impressive.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Says the guy with a slammed pickup, talking about toy look

Fit and finish on the 5th gen is so much better than the 4th gen, it isn't even funny
Yep two solid years of hard work on top of another six years of work here and there. And I now have a worthy street rod type truck built by hand by the owner that will turn more heads than any new stock TOY Orange Peel Assembly Line Factory Custom.

My point was that for a typical in the know auto consumer 40K give or take can either buy or build something much nicer and of a higher quality build than just another four wheeled compromise like todays cars in general. I am not bashing the Camaro just think it has seen a lot of overpricing by SOME dealers. But hey I saw the jester...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 192 Likes on 161 Posts

I've seen several on the road and I wasn't impressed. Then today I went to the dealership with a friend because the SS he ordered came in. After we looked it over, the salesman told him, "If you don't want it, don't worry. I'll have no problem selling it."

As we left, I asked him if he was going to take it. He said, "No. I'm not that impressed. When I first saw my WS6 at the dealership, my jaw dropped open."
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Saw my first silver last weekend. That's definitely a color I found boring on the screen but awesome in person. Silver just looks so much better in person since it's so reflective and light really shines off it on a moving car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw my first 2010 today