Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)

got these stats off Camaro5

June 09 Camaro sales: 9,320 units sold
June 09 Mustang sales: 7,632 units sold
June 09 Challenger sales: 1,369 units sold

Source

Muahaha

Last edited by BalzOnYer4Head; 07-01-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are one of the worst posters on this board since it's creation in late 2001.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i hope alot of the v6s are selling, that way i will be able to buy a used one in a few yrs.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now let's hope it stays that way!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenger is still a bad *** car.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not Bad, Of course the car is new...but the Mustang get a refresh as well...I bet once the new motor hits the GT then sales will be a true battle.

I lol'd at Challenger sales.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good news. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than 9,000 Camaros per month to pull GM out of the financial hole they're in. We should all be happy to see any American cars selling well. The archaic thought process of GM vs Ford is ridiculous given the state of the automotive industry.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good job, I'd like to help those numbers sometime!

-SS
Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unit213
That's good news. Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than 9,000 Camaros per month to pull GM out of the financial hole they're in. We should all be happy to see any American cars selling well. The archaic thought process of GM vs Ford is ridiculous given the state of the automotive industry.
Agreed. I look at this as ~18,000 American car sales last month.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

the mustang will overcome the new camaro I believe... since the mustang is more attractive... way to go again GM
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats surprising.

challenger sales are terrible. but i did predict it wouldnt outsell a camaro.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Mustang is more attractive?????? I feel the Camaro is a home run. I'm one of those who purchased on Oct. 16th and will be taking delivery in the next couple of days. As the owner of a 4th gen TA, and former 99Z, there is no comparision......
Old 07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

GM basically sold every single camaro they could make. If they were able to make more than that # they woulda beaten the mustang by even more. Challenger is just dead in the water.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BalzOnYer4Head
GM basically sold every single camaro they could make. If they were able to make more than that # they woulda beaten the mustang by even more. Challenger is just dead in the water.
Really? Then why is every Chevy dealer in my town covered up with Camaros? The Camaro is selling so good for now, for two reasons, Its the "new thing" to those that arent hardcore Camaro people, the same types that bought Challengers, and the 05 Mustangs when they came out for the same reasons, and the other reason is that there has been such a long lag in there even being an F-body that the Camaro faithfull have all flocked to it at once. Im happy that any American manufacturer is able and willing to make any of these cars anymore considering the way things are today. I like any and all Domestic performance vehicles and even a few foreign ones, but I can assure you I would bet everthing I own that you will be eating those words in a few months. I hope They all sell as many as they can build but I hate say that GM will not keep their current position. Also, like the guy who said a GM vs Ford discussion is archaic, I totally agree. It always seems those discussions generate on the GM forums though. Why does it seem Mustang people always like and respect the GM high performance vehicles, but there is never any love for the Mustangs from the other side? Oh and I have been lurking here for years, I just decided to post here today because I couldnt resist the moronic first post in this thread. I was looking around for info on the new Vortech twin screw blower for the full size gm vehicles, I have an new Tahoe LTZ, and my previous two trucks were TBSSs ( a black one and a custon two tone one) so Im not a ford fanboy.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

I wonder what the monthly sales figures on the 05 Mustang were when it 1st came out? If the real world 1/4 mile times stay as pathetic as they have been, and the newness wears off and the base Mustang GT goes to 5.0 and makes 400hp as predicted in 2011, the Camaro sales will go downhill quickly!!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not surprised as Camaro fans have been waiting for ages for a new Camaro. They need to keep doing this for the next 4 years and than you can really compare apples to apples.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hardcore Domestics
Really? Then why is every Chevy dealer in my town covered up with Camaros? The Camaro is selling so good for now, for two reasons, Its the "new thing" to those that arent hardcore Camaro people, the same types that bought Challengers, and the 05 Mustangs when they came out for the same reasons, and the other reason is that there has been such a long lag in there even being an F-body that the Camaro faithfull have all flocked to it at once. Im happy that any American manufacturer is able and willing to make any of these cars anymore considering the way things are today. I like any and all Domestic performance vehicles and even a few foreign ones, but I can assure you I would bet everthing I own that you will be eating those words in a few months. I hope They all sell as many as they can build but I hate say that GM will not keep their current position. Also, like the guy who said a GM vs Ford discussion is archaic, I totally agree. It always seems those discussions generate on the GM forums though. Why does it seem Mustang people always like and respect the GM high performance vehicles, but there is never any love for the Mustangs from the other side? Oh and I have been lurking here for years, I just decided to post here today because I couldnt resist the moronic first post in this thread. I was looking around for info on the new Vortech twin screw blower for the full size gm vehicles, I have an new Tahoe LTZ, and my previous two trucks were TBSSs ( a black one and a custon two tone one) so Im not a ford fanboy.
What you see at dealers, are dealer cars...or orders waiting to be picked up. GM has stated that the car is selling better then expected and supply companies can't keep up with the demand...Given the economy state and the fact GM has filled Chapter 11...its amazing to see the Camaro doing this well.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The sales numbers for the Chevy and the Ford are solid given the car segment we're talking about. The "rustang" comment, however, was just juvenile.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
The "rustang" comment, however, was just juvenile.
I agree
Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Its good news!!..maybe it will stay in production till I can afford one new...or used!

Quick Reply: Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)