Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 camaro help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 camaro help

ok guys weve got the 2010 camaro weve already installed the programmer got the headers in as well and have the nitrous installed already..its an automatic with the paddle shifting on the sterring wheel but the only thing is i can get it to stall past 1500rpm even full throttle and light on the break the caar wont do a burn out bfor a race even with traction control off it feels like it has a governer only to 1500 it wont go further can sumone help me out with this or wat do i need to do to stall it higher....anyhelp is appreciated thanx
Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

What kind of "programmer" do you have? The G8's have torque management in them that stops them from having a lot of fun like that when they are stock and most handheld tuners will not change transmission settings. Being as you have the automatic I'm willing to bet that is your issue as well. Not to mention most handheld tuners are only good at tuning to around intake and catback, once you get headers or beyond then they can't fit your needs. Then you say your running a Nitrous setup as well, with no way to adjust timing and fuel. I would strongly recommend getting a "real" tune if this is the case, like right meow!
Tate
Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

there are tables in the tcm that limit brake stall speed,, you need a full tune from someone using hptuners or efilive,, not just a handheld junk tune
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Compg
What kind of "programmer" do you have? The G8's have torque management in them that stops them from having a lot of fun like that when they are stock and most handheld tuners will not change transmission settings. Being as you have the automatic I'm willing to bet that is your issue as well. Not to mention most handheld tuners are only good at tuning to around intake and catback, once you get headers or beyond then they can't fit your needs. Then you say your running a Nitrous setup as well, with no way to adjust timing and fuel. I would strongly recommend getting a "real" tune if this is the case, like right meow!
Tate

we are usign the diablo tunner ....and yes it was the torque managment system we connected the tunner back on and checked it out moved sum stuff around and also adjusted the tire ration it was on 38' for sum reason went ahead and changed it to 28' now the car stalls all the way to 2500rpm passed that the tires light up now it takes off lke a bat outa hell thanx for the help guys
Old 01-10-2010, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

you need hp tuners or efilive,, the diablo tunner cant do transmission tuning
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

well the diablo sport had syum settings for the automatic tranny messed with it a little and got it working it was just trial and error untill we got it to stall higher

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro help