Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 camaro ss cam swap question

Old 12-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 camaro ss cam swap question

Hey everyone got a 2010 ss Camaro I just got and was wanting to do a dod delete and while I was in there just do a cam swap. Was wondering what size cam would be ideal for my L99 for maximum hp but still drivable. I really want a nasty slow loping cam. Car is rarely driven but I don't want it to be dying at every redlight. Any info will help. Thanks
Old 12-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Another question would be is how much estimated horsepower gain with cam, headers, x pipe, loudmouth axleback, k&n cold air intake, and hp dynotuned. I understand solid numbers may vary just some rough numbers would help greatly
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Teching In

on a typical mild head, cam, header, tune package I've seen 75-90hp to the wheels. Thats CNC heads, performance valve job, springs, cam, ls7 lifters, long tube headers and a performance tune to compliment everything. I would say thats a good bench mark number. Now if you upgrade to an LS7 type head (brodilx, rhs, lsx, ect.) you can expect gains north of 100hp. Let me know if that helps or if you need a starting point in your project.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

the biggest cam you can physically fit in there will still be drivable. there simply isnt enough clearance to get crazy enough to make the ls3 drive like crap with a cam. go big
Old 12-31-2013, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BReal
Another question would be is how much estimated horsepower gain with cam, headers, x pipe, loudmouth axleback, k&n cold air intake, and hp dynotuned. I understand solid numbers may vary just some rough numbers would help greatly
Anywhere from 85rwhp to 120rwhp....all depends on what CAM. IMO I would go with a VVT cam so you won't have to do an LS3 conversion and save $$ also. I would get with GPI (sponsor on here) to spec out a cam that works well for your taste.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 camaro ss cam swap question