Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Gm hot kit for the ls3? Anyone have it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gm hot kit for the ls3? Anyone have it?

Anyone have the GM hot cam?
Anyone got it? I saw the kit with ported heads on Gm's site. A friend bought the set but didn't use it. I might be able to get it very cheap. Just wonder if it's worth it. The car isn't a daily. It isn't a race car. It's a street car. I drive it to dinner, to the movies, it makes a few passes a year down the strip, it's been on a dyno four times. Bone stock it out 395 to the tire in the rain at 50 degrees later, on. A few days ago it put 393 in 98 degree heat with a z28 cold air on it. The car seems to put down a dam good number for a stock car but I'd like it to do a little better and just have that muscle car sound. Sure I want the tick stage 3 sns cam lol but if this is cheap I'm ok with it..

I saw a vette supposedly with the 480 crate motor ls3 only put down 435 and that's petty said imo for ported heads and a cam. Anyone have one here? Videos of it? What did it put down?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Teching In

I ran the hot cam in my old SS and picked up about 20 hp with it. If you are paying a shop to do the install it may be better to pay a bit more money and get a hotter cam, the shop that did mine installed it for next to nothing so I was ok but if I was spending regular rates for the install I would have wanted a bit more cam.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 AM
FormerVendor

We can work you up a custom cam and head combo that will fit your bill. Not saying anything bad about the hotcam or their ported heads but there are other options out there for ultra high quality work a decent price. We are one of them.
310-326-2399
or
HP@americanheritagepeerformance.com

Quick Reply: Gm hot kit for the ls3? Anyone have it?