Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Ideas for 2009 Camaro ads

Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ideas for 2009 Camaro ads

Obviously the last camaro was not advertised well. Thus, GM may need some help and who best to help GM than the local, friendly, and better than average looking LS1Tech crowd. So chime in and give them some ideas!!!

W
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Ok picture this...
Black screen.... Heart beating slow... Opening montage... A sequence of past to present trans-am racers all running on a track...with every passing image the heart beat gets faster and faster.....Everyturn there is a diff. race car....Then the 4th gen. Explodes or Morphs into the 5th gen.....and wins the race.

Have another idea will post later when i envision it correctly.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's my idea. I originally thought this one up for use with the Challenger, but it applies here too.

Ok, you've got a Mustang GT driving through town, showing off, revving its engine and stuff. The camera goes to a ground level shot of the rear of the Mustang as it comes to a stop at a red light. As the Stang driver waits, a Z/28/SS whatever the top model will be pulls up next to the stang ....slowly. The Camaro lets out a roaring rev at the mustang, rocking to and fro from the torque.

The light goes green and the Camaro guns and and leaves....but the Mustang stays behind and shows that it is now "peeing" it's pants(pretty much pissing out liquid into a pool underneath.)

Quick cut to Camaro logo screen and prices.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

It would start with a black screen for 3 seconds and then the heartbeat sound....a car flashes by.....black screen and heartbeat....flashes of cars flying by and a voice says " Some called it reborn"....black screen and heartbeat.....flashes of cars flying by and a voice says "Others have called it reinvented"......black screen and heartbeat.....flashes of cars flying by and a voice says "Some even called it a dream".......black screen and heartbeat.....flashes of cars flying by and a voice says "Well we call it the 2009 Camaro, its back, better than ever" then the screen changes to a new Camaro idling, the camera pans around and then the Camaro smokes the tires and takes off and the voice says "The legend lives"

I have another I will post later
Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
Here's my idea. I originally thought this one up for use with the Challenger, but it applies here too.

Ok, you've got a Mustang GT driving through town, showing off, revving its engine and stuff. The camera goes to a ground level shot of the rear of the Mustang as it comes to a stop at a red light. As the Stang driver waits, a Z/28/SS whatever the top model will be pulls up next to the stang ....slowly. The Camaro lets out a roaring rev at the mustang, rocking to and fro from the torque.

The light goes green and the Camaro guns and and leaves....but the Mustang stays behind and shows that it is now "peeing" it's pants(pretty much pissing out liquid into a pool underneath.)

+1

I would watch that commerical everyday on youtube...LOL
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Launching!

I think they'll do a heritage commercial of some sort. THey'll show a really old man standing by a 69, then an old man standing by a 2nd gen, then a mullet headed 30-something standing by a 3rd gen, then a 20-something with a 4th gen. Then end it with all the cars lined up, and a young guy standing with a new car on the end of the line.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Another idea:

They should show me getting out of an FA18 hornet, and walking to my new camaro, getting in, and leaving.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

hey LT Malice I think they should go with your idea... The heritage commercial would be badass!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

I volunteer to be the old guy standing next to the 69.

A bunch of older Cameros in the background, people setting at picnic tables eating APPLE pie. In rolls 2 new Camaro's, one HT one conv. Jeff Gordon driving one, OR ANOTHER JR driving the other grinning ear to ear. They both get out of their cars look at each other and say IT'S BACK.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
...A bunch of older Cameros in the background...
Automatic 1 year ban for mis-spelling Camaro. Sorry.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

+2!!!!! Thats as good as the Trans Am eating the Exotic!!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

You guys didn't know they are changing the name of the car? And I'll be selling the damn things.

Here my excuse. The owner of the dealership was passing by when I was spelling. Yells STUPID, I am counting on you to bump your 16.5 car average up. I said it will cost you.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Launching!

that is a great commercial right there. right to the point.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
You guys didn't know they are changing the name of the car? And I'll be selling the damn things.

Here my excuse. The owner of the dealership was passing by when I was spelling. Yells STUPID, I am counting on you to bump your 16.5 car average up. I said it will cost you.
You seriously need to learn how to spell Camaro, you claim you sell GM products but you can't spell Camaro, there is seriously something wrong with that.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Staging Lane

Default I think

Originally Posted by 01sscam
You seriously need to learn how to spell Camaro, you claim you sell GM products but you can't spell Camaro, there is seriously something wrong with that.

He spells it wrong on purpose, its his calling card so to speak!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:50 AM
On The Tree

I think the peeing mustang idea although funny is a little crude and some may not be able to associate with it, and also I think would involve some legal implications for Chevy. First off, I don't want to associate any f car with peeing. Thats lude, and unsophisticated. This is a high performance evolution of a very classy car. I doubt GM would cater to those who would like to see a mustang pee. Also if GM used a mustang or any other non GM car in an ad they are opening up a big can of worms for lawsuits from Ford. Anybody remember what happened to the Trans Am eating the exotic commercial? It was pulled from the air and banned. I am sure it probably came with some fines too. Lets take a new approach to this.

How about you see a 1st gen mustang at a light. 1st gen Camaro pulls up from drivers left. Mustang Revs motor. Camaro driver rolls his eyes or does something else cool. Then both cars take off in a cloud of smoke. Black out...

Repeat scene with 5th gen mustang and 5th gen camaro. Drivers may be young or old. If they kept the drivers from the first scene then they coudl say something like. "The new Camaro, New car, same attitude.

or they could so it with young guys and say "Camaro A new car for a new generation"

Prices and details...

Blackout.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Teching In

I like pheonix_rising's idea; I'll kinda play off that. Here we go. We have a newer GT racing a bunch of ricers on the streets, Mr. Bigshotithinkimtough gets out and laughs and grins and has a girl on each arm sort of thing. Think Iceman from Top Gun. Tough guy gets back in car and waits at starting line for his next challenger; guess who/what pulls up. The new 5th gen with (insert favorite chevy nascar driver here) behind the wheel. GT guy nonchalantly looks over, face goes from wide cocky smile to oh crap look. Screen goes to black; camaro logo appears with fog around the bottom of the screen, hear the sound of engine startup, headlights turn on; Voiceover "The legend returns" or something to that effect; prices blah blah. Commercial ends with (insert favorite chevy nascar driver here) stopping by former tough guys ladies "You ladies need a ride" with tough guy in fetal position rocking back and forth in background thinking he just saw a ghost.

This would be good for quick spots or a month or two before the camaro goes on sale; Screen goes to black; camaro logo appears with fog around the bottom of the screen, hear the sound of engine startup, headlights turn on; Voiceover "The legend returns" or something to that effect; prices blah blah.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
Automatic 1 year ban for mis-spelling Camaro. Sorry.
That should include **** homosexuals people who abbreviate Camaro "camaro."
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Yeah, that abbreviation is ANNOYING and STUPID.

In fact, I just went and edited a bunch of those out.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sharpe
+100

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ideas for 2009 Camaro ads