Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

how many of you put 22 inch wheels on ur 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many of you put 22 inch wheels on ur 4th gen?

im reading they have 20's up front and 22's in the back on the new 5th gen, so im just thinking there must be a thousand of you with 22's on ur 4th gen to give gm the idea that we would all love this on the 5th gen... there are some things i like about the 5th gen, but the wheels, omg

why not those same wheels in 17 or 18 inch.... i do not want to buy a damn camaro of all things that looks like it just came from unique whips....

i may get flamed for this, but im 22 years old and i dont like it, so im pretty sure the majority of the older guys who remember the good ol days will not like it either... new mustang doesn't have 22inch wheels, i see a ton of them on the road..

i just have to ask what the hell gm is thinking.... maybe they could have put "normal" wheels on the car and the sticker wouldn't be so high

i mean 22" on a tahoe sure, a sedan why not.... but a rwd ls2 or something similar powered CAMARO........ i mean i know there trying to leave the mullet redneck days of the car behind and appeal to other ppl besides us diehard fans, but seems they went from one extreme to another...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Look at the pics of the white prototype that are posted in here. You'll see that they didn't got with the huge wheels.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why does no one read the other threads in this section?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no way does the production car get 20" front & 22" rear wheels... they are trying to keep this thing affordable, remember? Those big wheels are expensive and tires are ridiculously expensive... not to mention they actually HURT performance, adding all that unsprung weight. I'd guess 18" wheels all around is what makes it to the actual dealer lots.

Quick Reply: how many of you put 22 inch wheels on ur 4th gen?