As one of the 15 members of the Camaro Focus Group, I was lucky enough to get behind the wheel of a near-production Camaro during the second round of the Camaro Focus Group this weekend at the General Motors Proving Grounds in Milford, Michigan.
Although the cars we actually drove were the black & white camo-painted IVER cars (as seen all over the internet), we did get some time to explore four Camaros that are about 90% production ready.
We did drive both the V6 & V8 models, and I'll say the V6 will be quite the sleeper!
Driving the IVER car was quite satisfying and impressive.
Quite honestly, I would've be happy with that as a final car, but those cars are only 60-65% done.
If 65% is that good, I can only imagine how awesome the 100% finished car is gonna be!
- The attention to detail is simply amazing, nothing is overlooked.
- The build quality will be top notch, think CTS & Malibu.
- V6 and V8 cars look different, and the V6 is not a dumbed-down look at all.
- The V6 car will surprise people, it's a great performer!
- There will be 10 paint colors on the initial palette.
- A host of GM Accessories will be available at the car's launch.
- It screams. Not only in performance, but in value!
While we can't go into specific detail about the car, I gotta say that aside from the attention to detail, I am most impressed with the development team.
Every single person on the team is just as enthusiastic about the new car as any of us are, and they sure got this car right.
And getting back to the attention to detail - I am seriously impressed about how concerned they are with every little thing.
If you thought the concept was awesome, you ain't seen nothin yet!
Note: the production Camaro official unveiling will definitely happen before the Indy 2008 event. Date and location TBD.
FQuick article: http://www.fquick.com/blog/Impressio...us_Group_/1756