Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

Biggest 6th gen Camaro complain I have heard

Old 05-22-2015, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing about it that stands out as "terrible" for me. I'm not in love with it, but I've been convinced I'd like it since the chassis discussion began and I do. Nothing's perfect.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea my biggest complaint would be that ugly *** rear bumper. Whoever designed that should be fired immediately! If I had the money Id design one myself & make it look a lot better. Because someone going to make a killing selling aftermarket rear bumpers for a 6th gen! lol 6litereater???
Old 05-23-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The interior is much improved. The SS seems to be the top current iteration and it's performance has yet to be posted so I'll reserve judgement. Exterior wise the SS is just ok but I personally want to see a supercharged version ( ZL1, Z/28, IROC... heck call it whatever) just make it the baddest 6th gen. to compete with the Shelby's and Hellcats.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 AM

The dash on the 6th gen is a massive improvement over the 5th gen. The 5th gen dash looked like it was designed and built by Fisher Price.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The dash on the 6th gen is a massive improvement over the 5th gen. The 5th gen dash looked like it was designed and built by Fisher Price.
While I didn't like the loose fitting seat covers I 1st saw, I think that must've been a fluke and the new Camaro will indeed be far, far better than the last.

I'm still not liking the line of switches ahead of the shifter, but other than that, I agree completely, the dash is much nicer than the 5th or any before it.

There's been talk about a frozen hand due to the air vents... don't think so. They appear to be angled toward the seats and besides, they're obviously adjustable.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna be honest. I hate the whole thing. It's ugly. The Z28 5th gen is probably the best looking design so far since 1969. The new camaro looks soft inside and out. And the fact there offering a 4 banger just loses more credit because they are trying to follow what ford already did. Fords ecoboost 4 cyl is a better engine anyways. I thought GM should of innovated on this one and they didn't. They followed the new mustang (which btw I'm not a ford guy but new mustang looks better than new camaro). The new camaro kinda lost its soul IMO and the muscle/pony car vibe. Just hope it's performance makes up for how ugly the car is. I know that was harsh but in not gonna sugar coat my true taste.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sat in one the other day at a local dealer, I really, really like the more aggressive exterior styling, the SS looks very sharp. I think the interior looks a little better than the 5th gen., but I really hate how poor your line of sight sitting from the driver's seat, the instrument cluster housing sits so awkwardly high, the windows sits high, it just seemed like I was trying to look outside through a tank's windows. I don't know, maybe it's just something that you can get used to.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
I sat in one the other day at a local dealer, I really, really like the more aggressive exterior styling, the SS looks very sharp. I think the interior looks a little better than the 5th gen., but I really hate how poor your line of sight sitting from the driver's seat, the instrument cluster housing sits so awkwardly high, the windows sits high, it just seemed like I was trying to look outside through a tank's windows. I don't know, maybe it's just something that you can get used to.
I personally thought visibility was better than the 5G. The trunk being slightly bigger than the outgoing model is nice for a daily.

Agreed on the instrument panel and steering wheel. Steering wheel just feels awkward. I sat trying to adjust it for several minutes and just couldn't seem to get a comfortable position with it. I suppose that is what the aftermarket is for.

Complaints aside, the a8 2SS I test drove a few times is light years ahead of the 5G l. Love the aggressive gearing too of the a8.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

my complAINT IS i dont have one.

yet.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

I had an ATS (briefly) and the steering wheel seemed to be slightly offset from the seat. Drove me crazy, like someone else said I just couldn't get comfortable in it, and part of the reason I got rid of it. Can anyone comment if this is the case on the gen6?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:06 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't noticed any such problem. My biggest complaint is the C-pillar is very large, and combined with a small rear window, it requires you to use the back up camera. Aside from that, it's fantastic. Even compared to the 2012 ZL1 I passed on to buy it. When the time comes....the blower will make up for the short comings between the new ZL1 and my SS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biggest 6th gen Camaro complain I have heard