General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Vette dr's- i waited 7 weeks- car died on the highway

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette dr's- i waited 7 weeks- car died on the highway

Carmen, dennis, you wont return my calls, you wont return my emails, My car left me stranded on the high way with in 10 miles of me driving it. How do you want to handle this? I am not going to wait any longer, you didnt repair my car, you charged me for parts that didnt fix the probem. my car died on the highway and i had to hitchhike home.

HERE ARE ALL MY EMAILS
MY CAR WAS RETURNED BY THEM AUGUST 7 - HEAD CAM JOB
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 5:40 PM
To: 'Vettedrs@aol.com'
Subject: rattle
Importance: High

Carmen,
We are getting severe thunder storms now; tomorrow I will go to Columbus Oil in Swansea, MA …they sell VP 100 and 109 unleaded racing gas. I am going to get a few gallons and put it in the car. Hopefully it is just bad gas that is in the car causing the rattle on acceleration. I will let you know.
Thanks,
Barry

Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 2:30 PM
To: 'Vettedrs@aol.com'
Subject: i put in 5 gallson of vp 109 unleaded

Carmen,

I looked for the brand of octane boost that Dennis told me to get and all I could find locally was stp octane boost. I bought 2 bottles and drove around…still got the rattle/knock at 1500-2000. I drove down to Columbus Oil in Swansee, MA and bought 5 gallsons of VP 109 Unleaded. The car had about ¾ of a tank of the gas that was added prior to delivery. After about 10 minutes of driving I went through the same acceleration in first gear that triggered the rattle/knock and there was none. I hope that it was just bad gas since I would go broker if I had to buy 5 gallons for every tank @ 10.50 per gallon.

Original Message -----
To: Vettedrs@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 4:49 AM
Subject: issues with idle /rpms

Carmen,

If i drive at 40-50 mph and push in the clutch the rpms drop down to around 1000 (normal as it should) (I don’t drive this way but I wanted to see what would happen at a higher speed/gear just as a test)

if i am getting read to stop and slow down (normal) compression braking and using the foot brake in second gear from 20 down to around 10 and push in the clutch the rpm's "hang up" around 2000rpm’s for 4-5 seconds than when the car comes to a stop it will drop to around 1000 and with in a second jump back up to about 2000 than hold for another second and again drop down to about 1000

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

Barry

NO RESPONCE AGAIN SO I LOOKED FOR OTHER SOLUTIONS

i contacted howard from redline- he is good friends with carmen. i had asked if he could come down to my house on the way to or back from carlisle pa. it was too far out of his way, but he did speak with carmen. he told me carmen wants me to be "happy, and for me to try calling him again"

i spoke with carmen and he said he woud have my car picked up- look at the time that past..

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:33 PM
Subject: idle issues

Carmen,

I wanted to touch base and see when might be a good time for ronney to pick up my car and take it down to your shop. If you recall prior to the corvette event at carlisle pa i had spoken with you about the problems i am having. (irratic idle when slowing down, car wants to stall than surges idles hang up and than drop down to almost a stall 400 rpms,and bounce up again, also i am still getting pinging at low rpms on acceleration 800-1900 rpms even with 93 octain.

when the car is down at your place i would like you to fix/replace the sensor?? or what ever the issue is that causes the gas to read from a half tank to instant zero. i am tired of putting in the techron additive. i almost got stranded this past weekend and just want what ever causes the problem to be corrected once and for all.

thanks,
barry goldberg

CARMEN SENT ME AN EMAIL

To: 9secondsflat@att.net
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: idle issues

Barry
Ronny will be up there Thursday to pick up car.
Carmen

THE CAR WAS PICKED UP AND I WAITED....
(for the record- carmen did pay for the round trip tow to and from his shop this time, i want to give credit, where credit is due)

Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: idle issues

Carmen,
I know your very, very busy. that being said i just wanted to try to get an idea of when you may be able to work on my car. my brother who lives in palmer,alaska wants me to visit him and my nieces, he wants to pay for my ticket and i dont know the date i can tell him to try to find an available ticket. i dont want to be out of town when the car is completed.

thanks
barry

AND I WAITED, NO RESPONCE

Cc: 9secondsflat@att.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:34 AM
Subject: OUT OF TOWN

Carmen,
I tried to reach you a few times in the past few weeks, i did speek with Dennis early last week. I told him that i was going to be going out of town and didnt want my car delievered back to me when i was not around. I will be leaving Wednesday Nov 5 through Nov 12th, I will be in palmer, alaska. I hope that when i return you will have completed the two areas that needed to be addressed.- (see attached emails from earlier below)

Barry

NO RESPONCE, AND I WAITED

FINALLY I GET AN EMAIL

Original Message -----
To: 9secondsflat@att.net
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:17 AM
Subject: Fwd: car status

here is a copy of the email I sent you.

Barry
What's wrong with you I sent you emails your car is done ronny will bring it back Tues or wed.
You told Dennis you were going away till the 12th
So what's the problem.
I said the car will be done & its done why are you yelling @ me
Carmen

Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: car status

Carmen,
Your email shows you sent it to barry@backbaymortgagecompany.com this email has been shut down since May 19, 2008. The server was shut down than and no emails i have sent to you since were using that address. Normally if people are going to respond to an email they would hit reply and the email would attach the address the email originated from in the "to" new address. every email i have sent in the past 6 months have been from my 9secondsflat@att.net.

Since November 25th you have responded to 11 emails using my 9secondsflat address, why another was used this time i dont know, that being said i am glad its done.

thank you
barry

THE CAR WAS DROPPED OFF THIS PAST TUESDAY 7:30 AM SHARP AS PROMISED

To: 9secondsflat@att.net ; Vettedrs@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:24 AM
Subject: dennis/carmen

carmen/dennis
just wanted to follow up in writing with exactly what happened. ronney dropped the car off as promissed this morning at 7:30 on the dot. It was very cold mid 20's and i only drove the car up the street (didnt have my glasses on) and turned it around, drove back to my house. About 9:30 ish it warmed up and i wanted to take the car out for a ride, it had about a 1/4 of a tank and i wanted to drive it for a few hours today. i stopped at a sunoco and filled up with 93. when leaving the station i noticed the gas guage was taking very, very long to move..it gradually moved up about a quarter of a tank but still read less than a half a tank. at the stop light i shut the car off and restarted it, the fuel guage jumped up to full. i merged on to 395 north bound (i was about 8 miles from my house) i accelerated up to mid 90's and let the car coast back down to 65mph. with in a few seconds of getting back down to 65, the fuel guage dropped to below the empty line, the check guages light went on and the low fuel digital read out was being displayed. i figured let me just go home, i now was about 7 miles away. as i drove up the road the car died, i coasted off the highway on the right side and tried to start it, it did start i accelerated again and with in a few moments the gas guage went back to full and the light went out. not a quarter mile up the highway the gas guage dropped to emtpy again, the check guages light went on and the low fuel display was shown. i figued i could make it home so i pressed on and with in 30 seconds or so the car died again, i coasted over to the right side and this time it would not start, just cranked. i was 5 miles from home and i hitchhiked, the car is being towed back to my house as i type.

barry

I SPOKE WITH DENNIS ON TUESDAY- HE SAID "LET ME SEE IF I CAN GET AHOLD OF HIM" THE TOW TRUCK DRIVER-

SINCE THEN - NO CALLS- NO EMAILS

IF YOU WAITED 7 WEEKS FOR YOUR CAR TO BE RETUNED AND HAVE THE FUEL GUAGE/TANK PROBLEM REPAIRED- GET YOUR CAR BACK AND WITH IN 10 MILES OF FILLING UP THE CAR YOUR DEAD ON THE HIGHWAY- HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

I PAID $730.40 FOR THEM TO R&R THE FUEL SENDER/PUMP

BACK IN SEPT THE CAR WAS PICKED UP WITH A FULL TANK OF GAS, IT WAS RETURNED WITH LESS THAN A QUARTER TANK OF GAS. I AM CERTAIN THEY DRAINED THE TANK (OK FINE) WHEN THEY REMOVED IT FROM THE CAR. WHEN I INITIALLY DROVE THE CAR DOWN THE ROAD IT WAS FINE- ONLY AFTER I FILLED THE CAR UP DID IT DIE, CLEARLY THERE IS A PROBLEM WHEN THE GAS LEVEL GETS OVER A HALF A TANK.

WOULD YOU BE PISSED OFF???

SINCE AUGUST 7TH THE CAR SAT WAITING TO BE PICKED UP OR SITTING IN THEIR SHOP.

Last edited by 9secondsflat; 11-22-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Launching!

That really sucks man. Hope you get it all sorted out.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Oh Man I hope this isn't the same Vette Doctor from New York that everyone has been complaining about for years. Either way good luck getting your car fixed. If they don't help you may have to get your car fixed at a more reputable shop and take legal action to get reimbursed for your expenses.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh damn i feel for you... i wish you luck. i agree w ^ about taking legal action
Old 11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

I thought that the Vette Doctor had gone out of business a few years ago after all the bad publicity they got for screwing people over and ruining vehicles.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
NKAWTG...N

Please post in the correct section.

Quick Reply: Vette dr's- i waited 7 weeks- car died on the highway