General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

2002 SS Camaro SLP exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Good looking car!

...so you bought it used with no Blackwing. You mentioned that you have the title in hand? Scan it and post it, edit out vin# and personal info so we can see it's a 2001.

If your car is a 2001 SS then your build number 10997 is incorrect and your car never had a Blackwing. And your SS is the 335hp option, not the 345hp option only in 2002.

~ Craig
what do you mean by "blackwing"???

I will go outside right now and take pics of my door jam stickers.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Old 04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Bro Inc fails at education, he needs to get his photobucket stuff right. ^^^his car is obviously an 01 as the build date said 4/01. Sounds like maybe he got the wrong SLP number given to him. And is the 335hp package. Where'd you get your number? maybe somebody hit 9 twice on accident.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Bro Inc fails at education, he needs to get his photobucket stuff right. ^^^his car is obviously an 01 as the build date said 4/01. Sounds like maybe he got the wrong SLP number given to him. And is the 335hp package. Where'd you get your number? maybe somebody hit 9 twice on accident.
it was on the window when I bought the car....and the dealer told me the number as well...

however, I sent SLP a PM on here yesterday with my VIN asking for my build number. We will see what turns up.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

But crager is right. They didnt make 10k SSs in any year so the number must be wrong.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 04-11-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm, I have a Z28 with Dual/Dual. But someone on here said that Z28's didn't get the Dual/Dual yet I have seen a ton with them.....and most of them stock.... Hell My v6 Has a setup like the Dual/Dual and its not even an RS car "as far as I know.....3.08 gears"
Old 04-11-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
heres pics of my car the day I brought it home from the DEALER...

Nice but like Cragar said the car does not have a Blackwing lid nor is it an SLP lid even.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1W66
Nice but like Cragar said the car does not have a Blackwing lid nor is it an SLP lid even.
what lid is it then because its a smooth lid?? Its not stock.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Wow, there are a lot of confused people in this thread.

The white SS above is a '01, and it did NOT have the 345hp package. Crager is correct, and the pic of the SLP build sticker proves it. No where on there does it mention high flow induction/Blackwing.

And NO Z28 ever came with dual/dual stock. I have NO idea why anybody would even think that's possibile. Dual/dual = an SLP exhaust system, NOT GM, and only the SSs went to SLP for conversion and optional work.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Wow, there are a lot of confused people in this thread.

The white SS above is a '01, and it did NOT have the 345hp package. Crager is correct, and the pic of the SLP build sticker proves it. No where on there does it mention high flow induction/Blackwing.

And NO Z28 ever came with dual/dual stock. I have NO idea why anybody would even think that's possibile. Dual/dual = an SLP exhaust system, NOT GM, and only the SSs went to SLP for conversion and optional work.

My exhaust looks Identical to the Dual/Dual pictured on this thread, stainless muffler and all, although I have broken Hangers and now is sags like crazy in the back....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=506522014
Old 04-11-2010, 07:51 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by baalic
My exhaust looks Identical to the Dual/Dual pictured on this thread, stainless muffler and all, although I have broken Hangers and now is sags like crazy in the back....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=506522014
It looks like Dual Dual. Did you put it on or buy it used with it on already?

Really sucks it's broke and just hanging there. Take it to any muffler shop and they can tack weld new ones on.

~ Craig
Old 04-11-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude....nowhere on that white SS does it say blackwing (SLP's filter/induction system) and thats not even an SLP lid as it would say SLP in silver where yours says LS1.

Also since these cars are whored out by so many people what makes you think buying a USED car you're going to get FACTORY parts? The Z28 in question above could have an aftermarket SLP catback, someone could have taken a proper SLP off their SLP car, or someone could have wrecked an SLP car and gave the nice exhaust to someone with a Z28 there are a million and one various options of how an exhaust got on a car.

The point is....these cars are ***** now, everyone and anyone modifies them when they buy them, and unless you're the original owner you probably don't have the best idea of what happened to the car from 97-02 to now.....
Old 04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Dude....nowhere on that white SS does it say blackwing (SLP's filter/induction system) and thats not even an SLP lid as it would say SLP in silver where yours says LS1.

Also since these cars are whored out by so many people what makes you think buying a USED car you're going to get FACTORY parts? The Z28 in question above could have an aftermarket SLP catback, someone could have taken a proper SLP off their SLP car, or someone could have wrecked an SLP car and gave the nice exhaust to someone with a Z28 there are a million and one various options of how an exhaust got on a car.

The point is....these cars are ***** now, everyone and anyone modifies them when they buy them, and unless you're the original owner you probably don't have the best idea of what happened to the car from 97-02 to now.....
The origional owner of my SS actually came up to me and at a local taco bell one day and gave me the complete run down on the car from top to bottom and even asked if I found the extra key he had stashed under the car...I said no? Havent seen one...he reached under, and pulled out the extra key on a magnet he had under it...guy was legit. He was the origional owner that ordered it from GM/SLP...I asked him about mod's and he looked at my car even more and how I had the car when he saw it, was how he bought it/ordered it...so whether it doesnt have a blackwing lid, it DOES have a smoothened out lid that came on it from the factory...he said he put the LS1 sticker on it..anyways, it doesnt really matter now because this is how the car sits now...

Old 04-11-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRAGER
It looks like Dual Dual. Did you put it on or buy it used with it on already?

Really sucks it's broke and just hanging there. Take it to any muffler shop and they can tack weld new ones on.

~ Craig

This is how I bought it, and being that everything else was stock on this car, I assumed it was too... the previous owner blacked out the lights, front and back and had the mirrors painted and black top, and painted the wheels black too which i changed for the chrome ones from my v6..
Old 04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

The origional owner of my SS actually came up to me and at a local taco bell one day and gave me the complete run down on the car from top to bottom and even asked if I found the extra key he had stashed under the car...I said no? Havent seen one...he reached under, and pulled out the extra key on a magnet he had under it...guy was legit. He was the origional owner that ordered it from GM/SLP...I asked him about mod's and he looked at my car even more and how I had the car when he saw it, was how he bought it/ordered it...so whether it doesnt have a blackwing lid, it DOES have a smoothened out lid that came on it from the factory...he said he put the LS1 sticker on it..anyways, it doesnt really matter now because this is how the car sits now...

According to the sticker you did not have the 345 HP car. That lid is not the SLP lid that would have came on the car from the factory. Its a nice car dude, just not what it was advertised as or what you think it is in your head.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

...so whether it doesnt have a blackwing lid, it DOES have a smoothened out lid that came on it from the factory...
No, you have an AFTERMARKET lid, end of story. It's not a Blackwing, and that's the ONLY high flow lid that was ever optional stock - and you don't have it now, nor did the car when it was stock (as proven by the SLP sticker you posted). You can beleive whatever you want, but facts are facts.

Originally Posted by baalic
This is how I bought it, and being that everything else was stock on this car, I assumed it was too...
Nope, it would be impossibile for a Z28 to have dual/dual stock. No Z28 ever went to SLP for upgrades prior to hitting the dealers lot unless it was there being converted to an SS.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
No, you have an AFTERMARKET lid, end of story. It's not a Blackwing, and that's the ONLY high flow lid that was ever optional stock - and you don't have it now, nor did the car when it was stock (as proven by the SLP sticker you posted). You can beleive whatever you want, but facts are facts.

Nope, it would be impossibile for a Z28 to have dual/dual stock. No Z28 ever went to SLP for upgrades prior to hitting the dealers lot unless it was there being converted to an SS.
I know this. There is no point to even argue whether it was a 325hp car, or 345 because its not stock anymore.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know this. There is no point to even argue whether it was a 325hp car, or 345 because its not stock anymore.
It should have been the 335 (when it was stock) because of the CME!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares that much?! It's an LS1 so it has around 345 anyway.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:04 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by justin455
Who cares that much?! It's an LS1 so it has around 345 anyway.
I was about to say the same thing. Surely, these "packages" (325, 335, 345, etc.) don't actually mean anything, right?

Quick Reply: 2002 SS Camaro SLP exhaust question