General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

2002 SS Camaro SLP exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same people that care if their original factory car had a shaker hood, a six-pak carburetor, a hood mounted tach, a hugger orange color code, etc
Old 04-12-2010, 03:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by justin455
Who cares that much?! It's an LS1 so it has around 345 anyway.
Originally Posted by myk
I was about to say the same thing. Surely, these "packages" (325, 335, 345, etc.) don't actually mean anything, right?
Well, let me present this to you guys then:

Let's say someone posted a timeslip from their LS1 F-body (we'll say it was a stripper Z28), stating/showing that they just barely ran a record-breaking fast time for a *stock* car, and swore up and down that the car was factory stock. Then, it came out later that the car had an aftermarket air lid and catback. Would you still think this person has the right to claim "fastest *stock* car"? I think most of us would say that the air lid/catback gave him a 1-2 tenth ET reduction and a 1-2mph gain. What if he only beat the record by that much?

Point being, a blackwing & dual/dual are no different. These things are worth a soild gain, just like putting an aftermarket lid/catback on any LS1 car. Only difference is, these items were available stock and would count as stock on a car that was ordered with them.

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
yea, but when someones wrong on the internet....we uh, we just can't tolerate this, it's it's. **** I'm at a loss for words I'm so upset, damn guy thinks he has a blackwing and doesn't oh.....my......god. and the exhaust, holy **** man, i'm going to start going to car shows and quizzing people. if they're wrong their going to know about it mister, i've seen enough of these cars to consider myself an expert and i'm not letting people think they have 10 more hp than they actually do.

(watch, someone take this seriously)
I know this is just a joke to you, but if you were researching these cars for the first time and wanted to know what the REAL truth was about available stock options, wouldn't you want accurate info?

Or forget the internet, even in-person at a car meet or whatever....what if someone was trying to sell a generic aftermarket lid as an original blackwing (there is a HUGE price difference here, since the blackwing is the highest quality lid on the market), and you got screwed into paying more, not knowing the difference because someone on LS1 tech posted a pic of a Whisper lid and said it came stock on their 345hp package car.

It's the duty of those of us who "know", to try and provide accurate info and correct inaccurate stuff when we can. Otherwise, what's the point in this site even being here? Just for people to make stuff up and spread whatever rumors they want? Kinda defeats the purpose.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car is number # 5728

not sure where the dealer got 10997 from.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I am trying to convert an 02 z28 into an SS. I purchased the tips from hawks third gen but it seems the tail pipes on the z28 exhaust would come out in the wrong locations when the ss tips are installed. What part numbers do I need to get a pair of SS tail pipes?

Quick Reply: 2002 SS Camaro SLP exhaust question