General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO Sping Blockers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO Sping Blockers

Does anyone know where you can find the stiffeners that they put in GTO springs during shipping? I always hear them mentioned but never can actually find them for sale.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

I bought an 05 Goat new and the rear springs sagged something horrible only a year after owning it.
I think they were strapped down for transport real tight, but i havent heard of spring stuffenrs being used.
Where did you hear that? just curious.
--Glenn
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Glenn B
I bought an 05 Goat new and the rear springs sagged something horrible only a year after owning it.
I think they were strapped down for transport real tight, but i havent heard of spring stuffenrs being used.
Where did you hear that? just curious.
--Glenn
I've seen many a post through the years on various forums suggesting higher horse FWD guys buy these for their rear springs to help with weight distribution. I don't have any specific links but they always say "hey, you should get these so and so on the board has a pair for sale." but never anything more.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Smile

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
I've seen many a post through the years on various forums suggesting higher horse FWD guys buy these for their rear springs to help with weight distribution. I don't have any specific links but they always say "hey, you should get these so and so on the board has a pair for sale." but never anything more.
Hmmmm.... thats interesting! Ive had my goat since new and have read both on this forum and on ls1gto extensively for the knowledge to do some of the projects I have taken on with my car (including a full suspension upgrade) and Ive never heard of those before.
They might be out there, who knows!
Thanks for replying. Now i will be keeping an eye out for mention of these!
--Glenn

Quick Reply: GTO Sping Blockers