General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ls2 goat with untuned cam questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ls2 goat with untuned cam questions?

My friend just installed a decent sized cam in his gto. It's a ms3 duration 237/242 i think and lsa is 112 and it has stock heads. His only other mods are pacesetter headers, magnaflow exhaust and k&N intake. The car had some kinda of tune on it when he bought it and he never changed it. He cammed it afterwards so I consider it untuned, it's idle is really choppy until warmed up which is to be expected and the traction control turns itself off after 5 min and you can't turn it back on, threw a cel but went off on the second day anyways he broke in the cam a little yesterday and then finally got on it today and we didn't really notice much change in power we did all kinds of pulls from different speeds and rpm ranges and it almost still feels the same. Since it's untuned is that the main reason theres not a noticable power gain, or is it not fully broken in yet. I'm new to this obviously so any advice or info would be great thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Launching!

I would guess it needs to get a new tune, im having a magic stick put in my previously tuned car and the tuner doesnt even want the car driven until he can tune it.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

id get it looked at. it probably needs a tune.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah definitely needs a re-tune. And there should not be any type of break-in required on these cam swaps. That is unless the bottom end isn't factory stock anymore.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 AM
12 Second Club

the springs need a few heat cycles though

Quick Reply: Ls2 goat with untuned cam questions?