General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help, wont stay running!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, wont stay running!

ok so my 2001 trans am will not stay running. so this is the story. i did a6.0l swap in it. i have a fast 90/90 set up. 42lbs injectors, slp mass, k&n fipk intake, lt dual exhaust performa built trans. i had the PC mail order tuned by TSP. i got it back and installed everything. the car ran fine for about 20 miles. i started it up and went into town one day. on my way there the car was acting like it was out of gas. the gage marked 1/2 tank. i put 20$ anyways and the car left me at the pump. it would not stay on or accelerate. if i got on the throttle it would die. it has kept this up ever since. i got it home flushed out the gas aand put a new fuel filter. i checked the pressure and it has about 55lbs constant. i can get it to idle for a few seconds and the pressure doesnt drop. i have checked all the wiring and i pulled codes. the code that came up was p0122. i checked the tps and the blue wire that come from the tps to my full throttle activation for the nitrous was disconnected. so i reconnected it and the same thing i left the wide open throttle nitrous switch disconnected also. thinking maybe it was shorting out. but nothing. there are not any other codes. i dont know what to do with it. could the tune have gone bad or something. please help with any ideas. thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

anyone,,, no one has had this prob before??
Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

After my heads/cam install this weekend, I had the EXACT same thing happen. It made it about 5 miles, then started dying. It would start, run for a few seconds and die.

I ended up just searching for the obvious and found the vacuum hose going to the intake was disconnected. The vacuum hose was plugged back in and it hasn't had an issue since. So, my suggestion is look for a major vacuum leak and I'll bet that is your problem.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

cool, thanks man. i did find that my vacum line for the hvac was disconnected. so i reconnected it and nothing. but what i did notice the sensor on the back of the intake,, im assuming the map sensor, well is loose. i have a fast 90 intake and maybe i need to replace the grommet that holds it in place. thanks man,, ill check more into the vacum lines.

Quick Reply: Help, wont stay running!